What's new

Powdered Kava Review Borongoru

tribal1209

Kava Enthusiast
You got to ask yourself why you use Kava. Because if it's to unwind, have some fun and socialize in a similar way you would with alcohol this Kava isn't for you. Quite frankly it was a bit much for me. Strength wise and effect wise. After I downed the first wash I became quiet. I didn't want to socialize at the new years dinner we were hosting I simply wanted to go to bed. This stuff was more sedating than recreational. I downed the second wash and yup...time for bed.

It has it's place. It's strong but kind of a downer, literally. Also should mention the taste is that nasty, peppery kava taste in all its glory.::shell::

EDIT: So I tried it again and managed to stay awake. The review holds true but MAN this stuff makes you feel stoned almost. It's really physical in it's effects, like having a giant blanket over your head and body. I'll keep some on hand just to have an evening kava

Last edited:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Judging from this review, it appears kava (or at least this kava) hits you differently than it does most people. I think this difference in how kava uniquely reacts with your personal body chemistry might be in large part responsible for your current view on kava in general.

For example, I drink 10 Tbsp batches of this kava and consider it to be fairly light and heady, leaning toward a balanced dreamy vibe if it peaks. 4 Tbsp would be very mild and fleeting kava experience for me. My view of this kava is nearly the opposite of your experience, even at doses 2 to 3 times higher than yours. This is not to say either of our experiences are wrong, just trying to relay how drastically different peoples kava experiences can sometimes be.

Last edited:

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I love me some boronguru for after lunch myself. I don't find it sedating at all compared to strains like vula waka, hiwa and nangol noble

tribal1209

Kava Enthusiast
I love me some boronguru for after lunch myself. I don't find it sedating at all compared to strains like vula waka, hiwa and nangol noble
That's weird, I just tried this stuff again and sure enough it just slams me. It's nothing like Vula for me.

schatz

itchin for kava
I agree with your review, I purchased this last summer and had same effects. I havent touched it since, still waiting in my kava pantry. It is strange how kava effects us all differently.

I don't know

Kava Enthusiast
This kava is very balanced for me. Perfect heady/body combo. I can take anytime and go about my day or relax in the evening.

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
Not sure but could be some are mistaking Borogu with Borongoru they are only one letter different in the name. I have tried both and the Borongoru was indeed very heavy kava and Borogu was a good balanced all arounder for me.

Last edited:

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
The recent batch of this is supposed to be way more sedating than the previous batch which is headier. I have tried the old batch as mocronized and the recent batch as medium grind.