What's new

Powdered Kava Review Borongoru

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Every time I come back around to this one, I'm reminded how good it really is. I don't find this particularly sedating or heavy... more balanced. Quite nice headyness for me- surprisingly so. I can certify it's also pretty damn potent. It's just got all around nice effects that work well for me. Definitely has a permanent spot in my collection. Taste is more peppery, yet not so bitter I would say. Not bad.
Oddly enough I've made this one in my bag, and in the aluball... and jmho but this really needs to be kneaded in a bag. It really turns out significantly better than aluballing (despite how much I love my aluball!)

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
I agree that this kava, along with the Borogu, are much more potent and strong using a bag then Aluballs. I have hard time to get a decent grog with Aluball whatever I try (number of balls and amount of kava per ball, water temp.)
I guess it is because of the nature of the grind and toughness of the part of the roots.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I agree that this kava, along with the Borogu, are much more potent and strong using a bag then Aluballs. I have hard time to get a decent grog with Aluball whatever I try (number of balls and amount of kava per ball, water temp.)
I guess it is because of the nature of the grind and toughness of the part of the roots.
Same here. Borongoru is a kneader. The newest batch is super rough grind, but so far I've been really happy with the strength.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yes! I will puposely grind them done very fine in a coffee grinder if I have to use the aluball.
But they such good kavas.. amazing infact. But need to be broken down

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
I let it soak in pretty warm water for about 15 minutes and start kneading. I end up with very thick grog that is somewhat similar to a thick Squanch!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I've given the newest Borongoru batch a week test. It's large-medium grind. Pieces from .5cm-1.0cm mixed in with the regular powder you're used to seeing.

The effect is good. It's a headier effect this time around. Less sedative, but equally as powerful as past batches if not slightly more. The taste with boron, still one of the better tasting kavas around. Having spoken with Mike about it, apparently the kava bars tend to ask for it more often as well for this reason.

I just ordered for the first time this one and the pouni both micronized. I am reading here that you have to knead it first? When I read the description on the website it said that you could add it directly into your drink and that was it. I’m a first time user and I need a little direction here!! Please and thank you!

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
You hijacked this thread. This is about Borogoru and not about kneeding micronized Kava. So only a short answer here, because it has been discussed many times. You CAN use micronized Kava like instant tee, but you may get stomach problems. In my opinion it is recommended to kneed and strain also micronized Kava, so that you only drink the ingridents of Kava and not the fiber wood (even if it is micronized) itself.

Back to Borongoru: my latest order from 2 weeks ago is incredibly weak. No noticeable effects. No comparison to the stuff it once used to be. I am very disappointed.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
You hijacked this thread. This is about Borogoru and not about kneeding micronized Kava. So only a short answer here, because it has been discussed many times. You CAN use micronized Kava like instant tee, but you may get stomach problems. In my opinion it is recommended to kneed and strain also micronized Kava, so that you only drink the ingridents of Kava and not the fiber wood (even if it is micronized) itself.

Back to Borongoru: my latest order from 2 weeks ago is incredibly weak. No noticeable effects. No comparison to the stuff it once used to be. I am very disappointed.
The one I got around the 15th was good quality. Definitely one of my preferred versions of boronguru, but boronguru has never been my absolute favorite or anything. The borogu is stronger though. KWK Samoa is good right now too. Loa waka is decent.