What's new

Bottled Kava

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
A Bula Kava House bottled kava beverage is on the way. I've been keeping this under wraps for a while but it's at a stage in development that I finally feel comfortable sharing, and I'm super excited so I really just wanted to tell some people. I have the first samples being sent over Monday and a finished formula should be available anywhere between 30 and 90 days after that. We still need to figure out bottling options but I don't foresee an initial bottling being long after the final formula is delivered.
I've seen a few kava beverages come around but none have taken off. Without giving too much away, I know why success in this market has been limited and I am creating a beverage based on that knowledge. I can tell you that all ingredients will be organic although the product itself will not be labeled organic due to the kava that I will be using not being certified (they don't certify kava "organic" in Vanuatu, it just is). I can also tell you that this product will be potent. I will not approve a formula that doesn't contain enough kavalactones to produce a noticeable effect from a single bottle. For now, that's all the specific info I'd like to share about the formula but as we get closer to a release I should be able to provide more specifics.
Initially this product will be sold by the case on our website, at local co-ops, hopefully at local specialty groceries like Whole Food and New Seasons, and of course at our kava bar.
Let me know your thoughts and stay tuned for more info.

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
^ That's my thoughts.

Sounds awesome. I'm eagerly anticipating the release of this stuff.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
I have long anticipated a reasonably priced "krunk in a can" or anything like it but it seems that all the other drinks out there just can't do it. But I believe you're the perfect guy to take on this task and I can't wait to see what comes of it!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Put me down for a case or two. We've been waiting for a product like this. Thank you for taking the initiative.

odys1i

Kava Enthusiast
'Potent' AND made from real natural root (not extract) is something no one seems to have tried yet.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
There will be some sweetness added to get the right flavor profile but it won't taste, or have a sugar content, like an energy drink or soda.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Judd said:
There will be some sweetness added to get the right flavor profile but it won't taste, or have a sugar content, like an energy drink or soda.
Awesome! I'm not really into drinking sugary stuff so this sounds right up my alley.

kl.terminvate

Kava Curious
Sounds interesting, but a single drink don't sound very economical? Say we compare to the instant you carry, probably 5-6$ a session, less with root. Are we in the ballpark for the single serve drink? Shipping weight seems like it would be an issue, unless you can get this drink into a small 6oz or something.

Interesting idea, and I like the idea, it seems like it could have a ton of potential drawbacks though. I love BKH, and I would love to see this product. I'm sure you've already figured out my concerns with the idea. Hope it works out!

krunkedout

Kava Lover
terminvate said:
Sounds interesting, but a single drink don't sound very economical? Say we compare to the instant you carry, probably 5-6$ a session, less with root. Are we in the ballpark for the single serve drink? Shipping weight seems like it would be an issue, unless you can get this drink into a small 6oz or something.

Interesting idea, and I like the idea, it seems like it could have a ton of potential drawbacks though. I love BKH, and I would love to see this product. I'm sure you've already figured out my concerns with the idea. Hope it works out!
yeah the price of such things are always a concern. But if this was something that I could drink two and get krunk then it would be worth it to take places like the movies or work or a friends house or anywhere else that you don't want to be fully sober

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Well, Terminvate, we sell single servings of prepared kava daily for between $3 & $6 at our kava bar. We have customers that come back every day to order multiple shells. Let's just say that my planned bottled kava will be more potent than one serving at our bar, but they'll fall in the same price range. If someone wants an effective kava to drink while walking down the street or hanging out with friends, they'll be able to buy a bottle or two. You also won't have to spend the time and make the mess mixing and squeezing yourself.

kl.Flank

Kava Curious
Judd said:
Well, Terminvate, we sell single servings of prepared kava daily for between $3 & $6 at our kava bar. We have customers that come back every day to order multiple shells. Let's just say that my planned bottled kava will be more potent than one serving at our bar, but they'll fall in the same price range. If someone wants an effective kava to drink while walking down the street or hanging out with friends, they'll be able to buy a bottle or two. You also won't have to spend the time and make the mess mixing and squeezing yourself.
I think the bigger issue is that it doesn't taste like kava but provides the effects... people would pay a lot for that.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Sounds good to me, Judd. Where's the buy button?

Ps. Kava is expensive no matter what way we try to look at it. Your prices are of the most fair of all online vendors. I'm not an everyday customer but I definitely will become one with the release of a prepared drink because let's face it, some days I just don't feel like going through all the prep necessary. It's the reason I'm still trying to make my own instant.