What's new

brain damage/memory loss

kl.pep4848

Kava Curious
Does anyone know if kava causes the memory loss? or even brain damage? I find after intense sessions, I feel sluggish and thoughts are hard to process. I know it's not like alchohol as I can barely form sentences after a heavy session, but I do notice inability to articulate well after a few hard sessions.

kl.pep4848

Kava Curious
well, i've been doing roughly 8-9 tbsp's per 1000 liters (maybe 3 cups?) per session. I do find after day 2 or 3 days without kava i become a little sharper mentally and not as letharthgic.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
9 tbsp to 3 cups water?

3 tbsp: 1 cup is getting on the thick side their buddy, ha.

I wouldn't be worried about memory loss...sounds like you're so far beyond krunk you're nearly shit faced. Too funny...as long as you're not driving.

kl.pep4848

Kava Curious
haha god no, i don't dare drive on this...it has been getting pretty thick so i've been mixing some more water in with it. I do feel fine though after a few days without getting super krunked, so yeah, I think everything should be fine.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
It can make me lazy but I find the lingering reduced anxiety effect can help me in my thought processes. At the height of krunk maybe not so but afterwards all systems seem to be a go.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Kapmcrunk said:
It can make me lazy but I find the lingering reduced anxiety effect can help me in my thought processes. At the height of krunk maybe not so but afterwards all systems seem to be a go.
same here! Some of my best ideas have come about from a krunked out night

kl.pep4848

Kava Curious
ok thanks guys. I found myself really tired and lazy after my 8-9tbsp sesh last night, but am at it again (the wife is out of town so this gives me a green light).
I probably won't have another sesh until next wed/thurs, so im sure i'll start to feel a bit more 'alive' in a few days!

i myself drink two bowls of stone a day (start out with one cup recycled root to four cups water, kneaded for twenty mins) and this is pounded down in about 2 hours max. then a fresh bowl with pristine untouched root, same ratios/squeezin time. this is finished within three to four hours. i feel the same shit duder. fucking beat. with a  blank mind. like nothing comes. period. yet if i try to write or come up with shit, its there waiting and ready. it just puts me into a meditative mindset, for lack of better terms. then come the next day: awww fuck....exhausted. i have to ingest all sortsa guarana and yerba mate thruout the day to not black out at random old man style. and still im tired even thru all the xanthines. but yet when i begin kava sessions later on, i wake right the fuck up. i know nothing about damage, but can relate. i think thats just the nature of the beast. and also i think maybe strain will play a big part. what are you drinkin on, if you dont mind me askin?

odys1i

Kava Enthusiast
For me kava has resulted in memory loss / brain repair if anything... :D actually not kidding