What's new

Brexit - will it be a problem for GKE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
Britain is now out of the EU.
Anybody knows if this is gonna be a problem for GKE and their costumers?

dr phalloid

Kava Enthusiast
Britain is now out of the EU.
Anybody knows if this is gonna be a problem for GKE and their costumers?
hi there,im hoping it wont be a problem as its the only place I trust with my orders at this moment.i use to buy from all over the world but since uk ban I don't trust it going through customs,its a lot of moneys worth to have seized.well I just had 1kilo of pentocost pride from gek delivered 30 minutes ago,so I'm thinking it should be alright because it was shipped from Manchester Tuesday unless they have to move countrys again.r u living in uk.either way as long as you use it for research+testing(cough) they can trade.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Britain is NOT out yet. The process will take years and they might keep some kind of a customs union alive (after all, even turkey is in the EU customs union). And if england does end up leaving all agreements, scotland might go independent and join the EU. Gke could then move to sctoland:)

verticity

I'm interested in things
Britain is NOT out yet. The process will take years and they might keep some kind of a customs union alive (after all, even turkey is in the EU customs union). And if england does end up leaving all agreements, scotland might go independent and join the EU. Gke could then move to sctoland:)
Ireland is still in the EU, but iirc, he left Ireland because of some laws they passed there.

verticity

I'm interested in things
(And yes, I am aware that Ireland is not the same thing as Scotland. Scotland is the birthplace of James Joyce and has leprechauns, and Ireland has lots of golf courses and wind farms)

verticity

I'm interested in things
Interestingly, I read that Northern Ireland voted to stay in the EU. I wonder if this could stir that pot up.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Yes, it is actually apparently pretty complicated (to put it mildly). I knew the UK was never a member of the "Eurozone" subset of the EU, meaning they use Pounds instead of Euros as currency. And wtf is Guam doing there, and why does it have 4 different flags? I thought Guam was a US territory...or is that an acronym for something?... I'm so confused.

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
I'm very surprised the ban on legal highs hasn't had some effect on trading for them. Thank the Lord it hasn't!

Mr G

Kava Curious
It'll probably affect them in that prices for Kava are increasing in the areas they import from and the Brexit is damaging both Sterling and teh Euro making it even more expensive for them to purchase the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.