What's new

Powdered Kava Review Bulk Fiji Kava review

owen099

Kava Curious
cpReview
Not such what this field is for
First time poster but long time lurker and grog enthusiast.

Despite being the most economic kava I've ever bought, this kava is an instant favorite.

I've been drinking kava for around 3 years, and I've bought stuff from vendors including KWK, Cactus Kava, Bula Kava House, Nakamal at Home, and Gourmet Hawaiian Kava. Kava easily costs $60/lb typically, yet this kava is on par and surpasses many premium kavas.

In anticipation of a low-strenth kava, I added 5 tbs of the powder to my strainer. I added 140-150° water and let it sit for a few minutes. The kava was oily and took almost 20 minutes to fully knead (kava is ready when the makas, or leftover kava, becomes crumbly). I did 4 washes to get it all extracted

The taste was better than some I've tasted, and fine for beginners, but not great. Taste has never been what kava is about anyway.

I drank 1/3rd of the kava by chugging. Then I drank it in smaller quantities. After drinking half of what I prepared, I slowly ate some warm brown rice with sausage. This is when the effects started.

Despite 3 years of enjoying kava, I'm not the best at determining heavy vs heady. Those classifications don't make a ton of sense to me.

This kava felt like a warm wash all through my body. My face felt warm and I felt very relaxed. There was a little nausea, which I always feel with kava. I fell asleep easy and slept through the night.

This kava is a winner for its warm and strong effects. The price is such a bonus. You'll rarely find kava of this quality, much less at this price point.