What's new

Busted aluballs

C

ChoppyShores

I just got finish shaking up a few tbls of Squanch in one of my aluballs and quickly proceeded to pour it over ice and slam it back. Just a second too late I realized that it was FAR FAR grittier then usual on the last gulp. My aluball had ripped open and I got a mouthful of fairly course makas right down the hatch. Has this happened to anyone else with a similar grind? Should I be worried at all about the more pointy bits?

C

ChoppyShores

Thanks guys! I seem to have survived for now, I just had a sore throat for most of the evening, very scratchy on the way down lol It certainly was an extremely strong shell though. I can't usually feel it as much as I did yesterday anymore so I'd say it was worth the discomfort.

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
Familiar with this one. Ugh. :) Even when my Alluball meshes look ok, I still pour from the shaker bottle through a strainer (as Krunkie suggests) into the shell.
Seems to catch a few of those black specks almost every time.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
You always want to filtre that stuff out. Swallowing a small amount like you did won’t hurt you but you don’t want to make a habit of ingesting makas.

I use a small plastic tea strainer, works great.
Well I was pleased to see you again as the voice of solid, straight for reason my man.

I mean, surely the only logical way to go about drinking kava regularly is to make absolutely sure that you are not consuming that fibrous sediment which is intended to be filtered out on all occasions.

Do you have tiny crumb in a little spillage here and there yeah I just about except myself but with some apprehension.

But definitely don't make a habit of actually swallowing that gritty fibrous part we are supposed to strain.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Well I was pleased to see you again as the voice of solid, straight for reason my man.

I mean, surely the only logical way to go about drinking kava regularly is to make absolutely sure that you are not consuming that fibrous sediment which is intended to be filtered out on all occasions.

Do you have tiny crumb in a little spillage here and there yeah I just about except myself but with some apprehension.

But definitely don't make a habit of actually swallowing that gritty fibrous part we are supposed to strain.
Yup, there’s the good sludge, soft, silken and heavenly, which you really want, and the bad dregs, the gritty, sandy makas.