What's new

Busted! and...totally fine?

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
Here's hope for the Aussies (dumb luck is real!). Been saving awhile to get a shipment over...nearly 2kgs of micro.
It got picked up by the Australian Border Force (customs). I could see it had been recalled to customs with my tracking no. Held my breath waiting to hear if it would be a slap on the wrist, fine, or prosecution. Naturally I assumed the kava was gone forever. I had always accepted the possibility of customs picking up on the import as a known risk, but I was devastated all the same. It was a terrible hit to my wallet, but worse was the loss of my non-negotiable kava supply.
The box landed on my doorstop today. Huh?? Complete with a reseal and a little ticket inside saying 'Opened and Inspected by ABF'. No idea what happened but I feel insanely lucky right now!

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
$200!! That would be something! If I ever see a deal like that, I'll snap it up for sure. I popped over to NZ earlier this year for the same reason and picked up one of your kava bags which is the best I've come across, Henry.
I agree; just insanely lucky with ABF. No idea what went down but happy enough not to ask any questions!