What's new

Buying Kava Off Facebook? The Eternal Search for a Budget Heady Strain

Miasma777

I do very much so adore the anxiety relief and subsequent clarity that kava grants me. I'm also quite poor, unfortunately, so I'm always looking for ways to save on this stuff. I've quite enjoyed the affordable roots I've ordered from Ofa's Kava (love the effect profile) and best fiji kava. Have two pounds from Fiji Vanua Kava on the way as well.

I can't help but be tempted by the kava I see being offered in various facebook groups I'll leave unnamed lest I be found out and banned. Mostly seems to be farmers advertising their harvest directly to consumers, rather than selling to a middleman. Anyone have experiences with facebook vendors that they'd be willing to share?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I do very much so adore the anxiety relief and subsequent clarity that kava grants me. I'm also quite poor, unfortunately, so I'm always looking for ways to save on this stuff. I've quite enjoyed the affordable roots I've ordered from Ofa's Kava (love the effect profile) and best fiji kava. Have two pounds from Fiji Vanua Kava on the way as well.

I can't help but be tempted by the kava I see being offered in various facebook groups I'll leave unnamed lest I be found out and banned. Mostly seems to be farmers advertising their harvest directly to consumers, rather than selling to a middleman. Anyone have experiences with facebook vendors that they'd be willing to share?
Howdy and welcome to the forums, I am not on FB anymore so I can't comment on the vendors there, Here we vet all our vendors, most of them don't really need that but we don't like to recommend vendors we ourselves don't regularly buy from or know that sells only quality kava.

As for a budget kava, I think you'll find Fiji Vanua to be the best bang for your buck. Art of kava is also worth looking into, he offers a montly subscription model. The kava is excellent, get the Koro if you ever come around to trying it.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I've bought from Facebook in New Zealand before - mostly Tongans that bring it in bulk direct from Tonga for weddings etc, and then have loads left over because 99% of Tongans prefer beer. It can be a very good deal, but it is worth buying the smallest package available first to test, then buy more if you like it.

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
I hope you like fiji vanua, i think they are definately the best bang for the buck out there. If you don't like the variety you get from them, try a sample pack, it's totally worth it to find a variety you like from them. Their Vanuatu is my staple kava. Be sure to check out their 2 lb value packs when you find what you like- its a much better deal.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Hey there! I have a bit of insight into this area. There are a few risks associated with buying "farmer" direct. First, many of them are not actual farmers. They tend to be people that go to the local market and find some kava for sale there and resell it online to US customers. They tend to be more tech savvy and on facebook. Second, they don't do paypal there so your wiring your money or sending it via vodaphone or something similar. So it can easily be a scam. last you dont really know what you're getting until you get it.

The cost there is quite low compared to here. You can usually add on about $50 or so for shipping or more. They might add on a bit more for biosecurity but that's usually built into their cost they tell u.

So if you find someone and want to buy from them, find some people that have already purchased and see what they say. If you can work it out, have them send the kava first and payment upon receipt. That flips the risk and if they're not willing to do the same thing they're asking you to do, then they are buying at the local market and reselling to you. They basically use the money u send them to go buy it and ship. It's not a terrible deal if they're on the up and up and send you good kava. So just be aware of the risks.

Facebook shops are a bit different. Our website links to our facebook business page which has a shop attached. You can trace it back to our website if you want or just buy it directly from the facebook shop. They're confirmed by facebook etc so they're a lot more trustworthy.

We have a pretty great way to save a lot of money through the subscription service. You get 15% right off the top. For example the koro is 65/lb, that would bring it down to 55.25. 1kg of koro is 130, that brings it down to 110. If you spend 195 or more you also get free shipping which brings the total cost down even more. The new bir kar has 10% already taken off during pre order so you get a better deal.

Thanks,

Zac H.
Art of Kava

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
@Michael Nielsen imho a comapny from the States is a lot more verifyable. They can also take credit card and paypal. So the risk is nonexistant. If they send u crap or dont send anything u can take ur money back. If they dont take those or make u jse paypal fnf id steer away.

Elmanaro

Port Vila, Vanuatu
Kava Vendor

We're a Facebook vendor with our own farm, we make instant kava and sell it at half the price of the other sites online. Check out our insta @elmanarokava we are based in Vanuatu