What's new

Cactus Kava: No package, no replies to multiple emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

KavaCat

Meow.
Update: This has been resolved, and I do redact my comment about not purchasing with them again. I'd still be very appreciative of the option of having a tracking number in the future (totally worth an extra couple bucks IMO), but this was resolved above and beyond with both package AND refund. Basically free kava, can't be mad about that. :) AND it arrived basically overnight.

Just wanted to let everyone know this is going on. I have been waiting for a cactus kava package for 14 days. Me and a friend both ordered on the same day. He got his package in 3-4 days. I'm slightly further away from AZ, but I've gotten many a package all the way from CHINA in 14 days. When a full week or so had passed, I contacted Cactus Kava through the website to see if they could offer me a tracking number. I wasn't super concerned at that point, but five days later, I still had no reply. So at day 12 or so, I was actually worried about where the package was, and I tried directly emailing from my personal email. That was about two days ago, I've still got no replies. I have had to take my case to paypal, and am coming here as well in the hopes that ONE of these actions will get the seller's attention.

After this, I would not be willing to purchase with them again. I know they have a phone number as well, but for one thing I'm a "graveyard shift" and there aren't a lot of times when I'm awake to call at a reasonable hour... and a full week should be more than enough time to have gotten to ONE of my emails, at the least. This is terrible customer service. I really, really don't like being "that customer", but it could have been avoided with simple communication.

Last edited:

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
What variety did you order ? I know the Lawena has been sold out for a while. Cactus is normally one of the fastest shippers my last order was on a Wednesday I was drinking it Friday night. I'm in MN. There has been lot's of very severe weather, tornados flooding and such and as I said if you ordered the Lawena it has been sold out for a while. You could try and post on their vendor's page here. Hope you can get it worked out. I work nights myself so I feel you.

KavaCat

Meow.
What variety did you order ? I know the Lawena has been sold out for a while. Cactus is normally one of the fastest shippers my last order was on a Wednesday I was drinking it Friday night. I'm in MN. There has been lot's of very severe weather, tornados flooding and such and as I said if you ordered the Lawena it has been sold out for a while. You could try and post on their vendor's page here. Hope you can get it worked out. I work nights myself so I feel you.
I got the sampler. My friend also got the sampler, though, so unless that was THE very last one he ordered, something is amiss. Also, if he was sold out, he should've contacted me with that info or just, you know, probably refunded the order immediately, instead of this stuff riding with no word for 14 days. I doubt that supply is the case, because like you said, your order came in really quick. So did my friend's. I think if the problem was the initial package mailing, I would've gotten some notice about that. I really feel like this is just a case of "hey, man, maybe check your business emails more than once every two weeks"..

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I know for me sometimes emails find there way into the junk folder or even get missed somehow. I know this from experience. I am sure that Cactus kava will take care of things, they are a good vendor. Aloha from Hawaii.

Chris

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
No offense to @KavaCat - I really hope this gets resolved and he obtains his package. But the "KAVA PRODUCT ALERT"-tag should be removed immediately. This thread concerns customer service problems with a reputable, kavaforums and TrueKava certified vendor. There is nothing wrong with their kava (as far as I know), and there is no need or reason to flag the thread in this way.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
No offense to @KavaCat - I really hope this gets resolved and he obtains his package. But the "KAVA PRODUCT ALERT"-tag should be removed immediately. This thread concerns customer service problems with a reputable, kavaforums and TrueKava certified vendor. There is nothing wrong with their kava (as far as I know), and there is no need or reason to flag the thread in this way.
The product alert tag was supposed to only be accessible to admins, and somehow during our last server move it was allowed access to. It most definitely should not be used, and has been removed from this post as well as blocking further access to registered members.

Edit: In light of this, I'm creating a few new tags that users can use to more accurately describe the situation they're experiencing :)

Last edited:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Cactus is typically considered a pretty responsive and fast shipper. Did you ever receive any automatic e-mails verifying your order? If not, perhaps you never successfully finished the ordering process. I ordered from them last month and everything went smoothly. (Outside of the fact that the main reason I ordered from Cactus was their proximity to CA, but the package ended up shipping out Billings, MT, which resulted in a longer shipping time than intended.)

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Just wanted to let everyone know this is going on. I have been waiting for a cactus kava package for 14 days. Me and a friend both ordered on the same day. He got his package in 3-4 days. I'm slightly further away from AZ, but I've gotten many a package all the way from CHINA in 14 days. When a full week or so had passed, I contacted Cactus Kava through the website to see if they could offer me a tracking number. I wasn't super concerned at that point, but five days later, I still had no reply. So at day 12 or so, I was actually worried about where the package was, and I tried directly emailing from my personal email. That was about two days ago, I've still got no replies. I have had to take my case to paypal, and am coming here as well in the hopes that ONE of these actions will get the seller's attention.

After this, I would not be willing to purchase with them again. I know they have a phone number as well, but for one thing I'm a "graveyard shift" and there aren't a lot of times when I'm awake to call at a reasonable hour... and a full week should be more than enough time to have gotten to ONE of my emails, at the least. This is terrible customer service. I really, really don't like being "that customer", but it could have been avoided with simple communication.

Hi @KavaCat ! Check your PMs, I've sent some info your way.

Thanks for the call-out, @Deleted User .

It looks like we hit a few technical snags along the way, so I'll be investigating those this morning. I've been getting and fulfilling orders with no problems, so it seems like there's a few isolated incidents where this problem may have occurred. A big thanks to @KavaCat for helping me find this issue, and a big sorry as well!

Cheers,
Morgan Smith

verticity

I'm interested in things
I have ordered from @CactusKava many times, and always receive the package within a week. Morgan is a good guy who sells quality noble root. Surely this is just some kind of technical glitch. I hope you don't give up on Cactus in the future.

Reactions: Myk

KrunkMunster

Kava Enthusiast
Yea, I agree that Cactus is a great vendor. There was one time Cactus was a little slow at getting me an order because of a technical glitch and Morgan just gave me the Kava for free. He's a good guy and will do right by you. Definitely a solid vendor. Nobody is perfect and so there's bound to be an occasional miss by anyone.

Last edited:

KavaCat

Meow.
Cactus is typically considered a pretty responsive and fast shipper. Did you ever receive any automatic e-mails verifying your order? If not, perhaps you never successfully finished the ordering process. I ordered from them last month and everything went smoothly. (Outside of the fact that the main reason I ordered from Cactus was their proximity to CA, but the package ended up shipping out Billings, MT, which resulted in a longer shipping time than intended.)
I did get a confirmation email, and emailed TO him, replying with a copy of that email even.

---

Anyway, I wanted to let everyone know this has been resolved beyond my expectations, both the package and a refund sent, which is generous. I'm just very low on decent kava and cranky, I suppose. XD But I'm also glad this seems to have helped another customer, since it seems to have been a technical issue! My thanks to @Deleted User and @CactusKava

Reactions: Myk

KavaCat

Meow.
The product alert tag was supposed to only be accessible to admins, and somehow during our last server move it was allowed access to. It most definitely should not be used, and has been removed from this post as well as blocking further access to registered members.

Edit: In light of this, I'm creating a few new tags that users can use to more accurately describe the situation they're experiencing :)
Thanks for that, I only used it because of lack of a better option. Also, the tag has been available to everyone for... uhhh... quite a while now. I'm surprised I'm the first one to have misused it in this manner.

KavaCat

Meow.
Yea, I agree that Cactus is a great vendor. There was one time Cactus was a little slow at getting me an order because of a technical glitch and Morgan just gave me the Kava for free. He's a good guy and will do right by you. Definitely a solid vendor. Nobody is perfect and so there's bound to be an occasional miss by anyone.
Yes, that's all it was. I probably would've been less irate if it weren't my very first order. It was a bad foot to get started on.

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
I did get a confirmation email, and emailed TO him, replying with a copy of that email even.

---

Anyway, I wanted to let everyone know this has been resolved beyond my expectations, both the package and a refund sent, which is generous. I'm just very low on decent kava and cranky, I suppose. XD But I'm also glad this seems to have helped another customer, since it seems to have been a technical issue! My thanks to @Deleted User and @CactusKava
Cactus' Loa Lawena always puts a smile on my face, bula!

Status
Not open for further replies.