What's new

Cactus Kava's Not-Scary-At-All Halloween Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Hello, friendly KF.com members!

Now's the perfect time to stock up on kava prior to your big Halloween parties, so we've got a 10% off sale for all kava products running through the end of the weekend. If you haven't tried Cactus Kava before, you've been missing out -- so now's your chance to get some great root at a great price.

Check us out here: http://www.cactuskava.com/

Cheers,
Morgan Smith

PurplePanda999

Kava Curious

Now's the perfect time to stock up on kava prior to your big Halloween parties, so we've got a 10% off sale for all kava products running through the end of the weekend. If you haven't tried Cactus Kava before, you've been missing out -- so now's your chance to get some great root at a great price.

Cheers,
Morgan Smith
I don't have PayPal. Is there another way to order?

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Unfortunately, not right now. Paypal is our payment processor.

Also, FYI folks, my eCommerce provider has been hit with a DDOS attack, meaning that my site has been having issues loading all morning. It'll hopefully be resolved soon.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Unless the Cacti has his Paypal setup differently you can now use Paypal to pay with a credit card as a guest without needing a Paypal account. It didn't use to be that way, and I fought with them for months about and it was good to see the change. I would like to think I was instrumental in the change but I was probably just another data point in their decision.

I do this for orders with other vendors but I haven't ordered from Cactus yet, so I don't know for sure how he has his point of sale system set up.

PurplePanda999

Kava Curious
Unfortunately, not right now. Paypal is our payment processor.

Also, FYI folks, my eCommerce provider has been hit with a DDOS attack, meaning that my site has been having issues loading all morning. It'll hopefully be resolved soon.
That's too bad. I guess I won't be able to purchase your products.

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Unless the Cacti has his Paypal setup differently you can now use Paypal to pay with a credit card as a guest without needing a Paypal account. It didn't use to be that way, and I fought with them for months about and it was good to see the change. I would like to think I was instrumental in the change but I was probably just another data point in their decision.

I do this for orders with other vendors but I haven't ordered from Cactus yet, so I don't know for sure how he has his point of sale system set up.
Unfortunately, the particular API BigCartel (my eCommerce provider) uses to integrate with Paypal doesn't support that, which is a real bummer. Only some of Paypal's products work like you've mentioned.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

Cheers,
Morgan Smith
I tried most of your kavas...can't remember which one I am missing, hum...

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I don't want to open a PayPal account. I've had a bad experience in the past.
Yeah, I've had my credit card stolen so many times over the years, from online sites that store my credit card, it's not funny. Walmart, Target , Sears, Vonage, and others. I will never do business again with anyone that stores my card number, including Paypal.

We can't even physically shop at these stores anymore without our card getting flagged and denied unless we call to authorize the transaction.

Last edited:

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Yeah, I've had my credit card stolen so many times over the years, from online sites that store my credit card, it's not funny. Walmart, Target , Sears, Vonage, and others. I will never do business again with anyone that stores my card number, including Paypal.

We can't even physically shop at these stores anymore without our card getting flagged and denied unless we call to authorize the transaction.
As someone who's day job is in the payments processing and point of sale industry, I totally get where you're coming from. It's a real travesty about how few companies actually place importance on the protection of their customers data. You'll notice, if you ever place an order with me, that my site never collects anything other than a name, address, and an email address for that very reason -- I personally don't have the resources to protect entrusted data like that.

I know Paypal isn't without its problems, but I do think they're among the best from a consumer standpoint. If there's ever any dispute, they side with the consumer, and the merchant takes the hit. However, I understand why some folks might not trust Paypal, and can respect that decision.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Oh I forgot... If you sell through kavaforums.com, it uses the Paypal gateway I wrote, which will accept credit cards without a Paypal account.

Is the kava sale over? it's not even Halloween :( i loved your eva kava it was a great night time kava and i was hoping to buy some today but i saw the sale was over.

Vladimir Lemon

Kava Curious
It's probably 'Ono. I've been out of stock for a while, but I'm awaiting shipment of a few hundred pounds that should be here in a few weeks, so you can try that one soon.
Glad to hear the 'Ono will be back in stock soon, I'll be sure to order on day one! I could use a nice euphoric Kava in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.