What's new

Can anyone I.D this Kava?

Lukie

Kava Curious
Looking at the 2nd picture I think there is an area in the left side that has red spider mites or thrips.
These critters feed off leaves and cause the down-turning of a leaf because they "suck plant cells from many garden plants,"
Azatin aka Neem based insecticides and/or light sunspray oils can control.
Yes think so too, I have been spraying some heavy systemic stuff but they keep coming back. I am thinking of moving it away from my vegetables as at the moment I am overun but I have set hormone traps, sticky traps and spray neem doesnt seem to work well even for aphids. It is too expensive to spray veg with neem when chemicals are dirt cheaper here but then I wouldn't want to eat the veg!

How about the black spots appearing on the leaves?

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Yes think so too, I have been spraying some heavy systemic stuff but they keep coming back. I am thinking of moving it away from my vegetables as at the moment I am overun but I have set hormone traps, sticky traps and spray neem doesnt seem to work well even for aphids. It is too expensive to spray veg with neem when chemicals are dirt cheaper here but then I wouldn't want to eat the veg!

How about the black spots appearing on the leaves?
The Azatin 0 and Azatin Pro are highly concentrated neem products and they work for me.
When my kava plants get those inconsistent black spots, it is a consequence of the spider mites, thrips damage.
Note, the spots are random. If they were more of a pattern it could be Phoma or a bacteria.
As to the cost of organic pesticides as oppossed to, say Merit systemic, I understand what you mean.
Merit would work like a charm but you should never use it as it is not approved for kava.

Lukie

Kava Curious
The Azatin 0 and Azatin Pro are highly concentrated neem products and they work for me.
When my kava plants get those inconsistent black spots, it is a consequence of the spider mites, thrips damage.
Note, the spots are random. If they were more of a pattern it could be Phoma or a bacteria.
As to the cost of organic pesticides as oppossed to, say Merit systemic, I understand what you mean.
Merit would work like a charm but you should never use it as it is not approved for kava.
Thanks so much. I may be using a lesser quality oil. I know there are pure chemical neem chemical out there I guess like yours. Anyways I had better take care of it as it's the only one I got!