What's new

Can kava stimulate you, like coffee?

aviavieu

Kava Enthusiast
It was the first time I drank Kava heady and she was very aroused. She didn't even raise the pressure so much, etc. But I felt more stimulated than after Yerba. Can kava heady be so stimulating?

Although, with all this, somewhere in the background, there was also a chill effect like beer

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Yes, heady kava can stimulate your mind. If you drink a whole bunch at once, the heavier KL's will catch up and take over. I think that's why traditional kalapus like to drink small shells of kava all night long, to keep the heady effects going.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Most of kavas are not exactly stimulating but most of them disrupt sleep, and amplify coffee a bit or the other way around. Borongoru does not disrupt sleep but the ones that can be felt strongly, do (rich in kavain?).

David718

Kava Curious
I'm curious what the other members here think....

This is related, although not exactly the answer your question.

I only use Kava in evenings/late afternoons. I notice when I have a higher dose session of good Kava, I wake up more energized.

I haven't pinned this exactly, but seems like when I use a lower dose for a while, reduce my tolerance and then go with a higher dose session one day. I'll wake up super hyped. Sometimes after only 5 hrs of sleep, which is very unusual for me. Try to get 6.5-8hrs.