What's new

Can kavalactones be vaporized, or would heat destroy them?

Pauli

Kava Curious
Sometimes i hear that heat destroys the kavalactones, another time people say, they brew tea with hot water (which contradicts the heat-destruction-hypothesis).
What is true? If heat resistant, than vaping would be an option?

Jack3

Kava Enthusiast
I would imagine it depends on the temperature, like decarboxylating cannabis in the sense that a certain temperature range helps whereas past that point heat destroys the medicine. What I have seen so far is the suggestion to use warm or hot but not boiling temperatures. I’d have to search for one controlled study in particular to see what temperature those researchers used.

Since cannabinoids are oils and kavalactones are also a type of fat, it is conceivable that perhaps it may be possible to vaporize kavalactones. On the other hand, what agrees with the stomach (at least relatively) does not necessarily agree with the lungs. One example is the buttery flavor in some e-cigarettes. Although not health food, this flavoring seems ok when eaten but there are major health problems involved with inhaling it.

I’m sure that drinking kava is the safest thing to do but perhaps a vaporizer or a sublingual spray or something of that nature may be helpful for those having acute panic attacks.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Sometimes i hear that heat destroys the kavalactones, another time people say, they brew tea with hot water (which contradicts the heat-destruction-hypothesis).
What is true? If heat resistant, than vaping would be an option?
In theory yes but it is not worth it. There once was a product called Noble Clouds which was just that. I vape nic so it seemed like a great idea. It's not, like all things inhaled, effects are short lived, you were better off drinking the stuff than vaping it, seriously.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
I have vaped kava a few times. The taste was was pleasant but the effect was even milder than traditional. I do not know about health effects but since you have to vape a lot of it, I guess it is a less healthy choice. Maybe it is better for liver, IDK because kavalactone amount will be low, most probably.

Blergs

Kava Curious
I have vaped kava a few times. The taste was was pleasant but the effect was even milder than traditional. I do not know about health effects but since you have to vape a lot of it, I guess it is a less healthy choice. Maybe it is better for liver, IDK because kavalactone amount will be low, most probably.
Kava and kavalactones are not liver toxic