What's new

Can someone help me figure out which NaH is heavy please? (Stone, WoW, and Epik)

Rand McNally

Kava Curious
As the title states, I got these three but have come to realize that my last minute trigger-pull on Fri of Labor Day weekend might not have been the best idea. NaH isn't overly abundant w/ information, unless I missed something. Of the three, "Stone" *seems to be heavy. I'm realizing "heady" kava might not be for me. I just feel all buzzy and weird w/ an odd sort of anxiety. I can recall over-doing it w/ "Fijikava" (that's the actual brand) which claims to be certified noble, and feeling really paranoid. I'm thinking I react to kava VERY differently than most. There are no scripts, weed, alcohol in the mix.
I appreciate any input, experiences, etc.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
As the title states, I got these three but have come to realize that my last minute trigger-pull on Fri of Labor Day weekend might not have been the best idea. NaH isn't overly abundant w/ information, unless I missed something. Of the three, "Stone" *seems to be heavy. I'm realizing "heady" kava might not be for me. I just feel all buzzy and weird w/ an odd sort of anxiety. I can recall over-doing it w/ "Fijikava" (that's the actual brand) which claims to be certified noble, and feeling really paranoid. I'm thinking I react to kava VERY differently than most. There are no scripts, weed, alcohol in the mix.
I appreciate any input, experiences, etc.
I don't get on with too heady kavas. It's not anything to do with whether they are noble or not, I'm sure the Fijikava probably is.

The easiest way to work out what a kava is LIKELY to feel like is to study the chemotypes (which can be found on the N@H COA's from their site). Being able to read these will help a lot in finding better kava for you. 2 and 5 are the heavy KL's. An outright heavy kava will maybe be 254 or 245. Anything with 2 or 5 prominent are likely to be quite heavy. 4 is kavain which is quite often the most abundant KL and that's the uppier KL. Anything that has 4 listed first and no 2 or 5 in the first three is a lot more likely to be just plain heady. It's worth mentioning though that the actual % of each KL is important too but even just the plain chemotype is useful enough for most purposes.

Rand McNally

Kava Curious
I don't get on with too heady kavas. It's not anything to do with whether they are noble or not, I'm sure the Fijikava probably is.

The easiest way to work out what a kava is LIKELY to feel like is to study the chemotypes (which can be found on the N@H COA's from their site). Being able to read these will help a lot in finding better kava for you. 2 and 5 are the heavy KL's. An outright heavy kava will maybe be 254 or 245. Anything with 2 or 5 prominent are likely to be quite heavy. 4 is kavain which is quite often the most abundant KL and that's the uppier KL. Anything that has 4 listed first and no 2 or 5 in the first three is a lot more likely to be just plain heady. It's worth mentioning though that the actual % of each KL is important too but even just the plain chemotype is useful enough for most purposes.
You're awesome, thank you SO much. THAT is a phenomenal way of explaining it. I'm slowly learning the chemotypes and the best analogy I can come up with is, I will put in the work climbing the mountain, (trial and error doesn't seem to be the best way) but can't I just take the gondola up for now and learn in the interim? I felt "safe" posting a "dumb" question here, and I very much appreciate your response. I guess I'll do some reading, bearing in mind what you've helped me with. Thanks again Edward!