What's new

Can this symptom be the result of "kava dehydration"

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
A while ago, I started waking up in the morning with extremely dry mouth, and saliva that was extremely sticky. Every single morning.
It was so bad that I found myself trying to spit out the thick, sticky saliva, for about 5 minutes straight, as soon as I woke up.
I searched for possible causes, and one of them is dehydration. I do already drink enough water, I believe.
But I know that kava can cause dehydration. So, maybe the water consumption needs to be even more, due to my kava consumption ?
Could the kava be the root cause of waking up with a dry, sticky mouth ?
Another thing that began, not too long after that symptom, which may be related, is I also wake up with phlegm stuck in my throat.
That symptom is even more troublesome, because I literally choke, trying to hack all the phlegm out of my mouth.
I assume that's related to the first symptom.
Any thoughts on what I can do to alleviate any of this ?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
A while ago, I started waking up in the morning with extremely dry mouth, and saliva that was extremely sticky. Every single morning.
It was so bad that I found myself trying to spit out the thick, sticky saliva, for about 5 minutes straight, as soon as I woke up.
I searched for possible causes, and one of them is dehydration. I do already drink enough water, I believe.
But I know that kava can cause dehydration. So, maybe the water consumption needs to be even more, due to my kava consumption ?
Could the kava be the root cause of waking up with a dry, sticky mouth ?
Another thing that began, not too long after that symptom, which may be related, is I also wake up with phlegm stuck in my throat.
That symptom is even more troublesome, because I literally choke, trying to hack all the phlegm out of my mouth.
I assume that's related to the first symptom.
Any thoughts on what I can do to alleviate any of this ?
I have the same problem occasionally, it's due to snoring and/or sleeping with my mouth open, but it could also be related to dehydration.