What's new

Can you freeze kava?

kl.taozen

So I made some kava with some powder+olive oil+skim milk on... thursday, aaand I let soak over night. The next day I put it in the freezer... any problem with that? how long can it be stored for? Is it safe or is it whack? I mean, I don't care about potency loss but I don-t want to have a shitty effect... thanks!

kl.skinnymonkey

Kava Curious
I've wondered that myself, when I've made a pitcher of kava and not used it up in a couple of days. Mine usually lasts four, maybe five days in the refrigerator. Since they ship fresh kava root frozen though, seems like it would be fine??

kl.Gray Owl

Kava Enthusiast
It should not change the chemistry, but it might "break" the emulsion and the kavalactones might settle to the bottom in clumps. Come to think of it, that might be one way to make a water-based extract, it's a method used with other substances to purify them.  PS dude delete the duplicate posts no need to have multiple topics.  I'm guessing the site probably stopped responding that has happened to me a couple times, but it looks like you're desperate or something.