What's new

Kava & Drug Interaction Can you take Propranolol when drinking Kava?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aviavieu

Kava Enthusiast
Kava can raise pressure and heart rate sometimes. To make them and take 20-40mg of Propranol, there will be no dangerous interaction and at the same time it will reduce the unpleasant pressure after Kava?

INeedToChill

Stay Golden, Ponyboy
Kava can raise pressure and heart rate sometimes. To make them and take 20-40mg of Propranol, there will be no dangerous interaction and at the same time it will reduce the unpleasant pressure after Kava?
I don't have any information on this, but I'd like to know more on this too. I take 40 mgs of Propranolol for anxiety and tremor. Have you tried going on Google and searching "Kava Propranolol interactions"? I'm about to go look now myself. Good luck!!

El Guapo510

Kava Curious
Hey,
I take 20mg of propranolol 3x /day for anxiety issues and have been drinking kava for over a year now. I have not noticed any ill-effects. Also, kava almost always lowers my BP so its interesting it does the opposite for you. I do know when I first started drinking it I would get anxiety from it being a new substance and have little freak outs until I finally learned how to drink enough of it where you simply don't care anymore. I'm sure during these early episodes if I had taken my BP it would have been sky high but that was from the panic not the kava.

Status
Not open for further replies.