What's new

Canadian New to Kava

Darcy Jay Strutt

Kava Curious
Hello! I am fairly new to traditionally prepared kava. I live way up in Manitoba, Canada and don’t have any kava bars nearby or many Canadian online kava vendors period.

I have ordered 2 different medium grind kava mixed cultivars online now, being BKH MeloMelo and TheKavaRoots Tongan Family Reserve... both of which I have really enjoyed.

Wanting to compare a more moderately priced kava, I have a 1/2lb of Cactus Kava’s Mâlôlô on the way.

I wonder if there are any other good sources for kava up here in Canada? Amazon.ca prices are ridiculous lol.

I am happy to join this forum and learn from your experiences! Bula:)

Last edited:

Hightide

Kava Enthusiast
Hello! I am fairly new to traditionally prepared kava. I live way up in Manitoba, Canada and don’t have any kava bars nearby or many Canadian online kava vendors period.

I have ordered 2 different medium grind kava cultivars online now, being BHK MeloMelo and TheKavaRoots Tongan Family Reserve... both of which I have really enjoyed.

Wanting to compare a more moderately priced kava, I have a 1/2lb of KactusKavas’ Mâlôlô on the way.

I wonder if there are any other good sources for kava up here in Canada? Amazon.ca prices are ridiculous lol.

I am happy to join this forum and learn from your experiences! Bula:)
Hello from BC!
The best prices I've found is buying 4 lbs at a time off of KWK (kalm with kava) or Kavafied. It works out to around $90 cdn per lb with shipping and everything included. I prefer the tongans from Kavafied. they are more similiar to the tongan family reserve than the tongans from KWK. Also, realkava.com seems good and decently priced, but havent tried it yet
Bula!

Darcy Jay Strutt

Kava Curious
Hello from BC!
The best prices I've found is buying 4 lbs at a time off of KWK (kalm with kava) or Kavafied. It works out to around $90 cdn per lb with shipping and everything included. I prefer the tongans from Kavafied. they are more similiar to the tongan family reserve than the tongans from KWK. Also, realkava.com seems good and decently priced, but havent tried it yet
Bula!
Thank you so much for the tip and cultivar suggestions! I suppose saving up and buying larger quantities less frequently makes a lot of good sense. I have heard many good things about both of those )vendors

Hightide

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah no problem Darcy! Yeah they are pretty solid vendors. There's a product review section on this site in case you didnt know, might help you decide on a strain :)

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
Hi Guys, Just a heads up we now offer an Etransfer option for our Canadian customers at checkout. we also offer a 10% discount off the US price on our website to soften the exchange blow to Kanucks. Malo. Paulie