What's new

Kava Research Capsules vs Liquid vs powder?

Pari

Hi,

Just wondering for someone who is not good at taking liquids or powders, how effective would Kava in capsules be- 250mg of kavalactones in each cap?

Thanks

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi,

Just wondering for someone who is not good at taking liquids or powders, how effective would Kava in capsules be- 250mg of kavalactones in each cap?

Thanks
If you're okay with taking capsules, you could always use the 1g gelcaps and fill them with instant kava. You would have to take 10-15 of them to get a good effect, but it's possible.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
If you're okay with taking capsules, you could always use the 1g gelcaps and fill them with instant kava. You would have to take 10-15 of them to get a good effect, but it's possible.
Exactly. The most important factor. Not just any old Kava Root will do.

Must be instant at least.
I wish I could feel more assured of quality, clean Kava extracts avaiable.

That could be so useful as a spontaneous, hours later perk up.

My introduction to Kava, last November, I first tried Instant Kava, then a 30% extract fro Holland.

Boy that stuff STANK. mate, quite yellow.

It worked well for purposes. A 250-300 ml weighed capsule worked well.

But I have never been assured of it's cleanness.

I would love to see a developing market of quality, clean Kava extracts emerging.

I saw a chance to buy some 97% Kavalactone Paste on Etsy I think but so little information given about it so I have just been sticking with regular kava preparation.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Instant kava is dehydrated kava.

Micronized is just kava that i fine grind.
Yes my basic understanding too. I would personally still use my aluball with micronized, I've not tried it yet as I'm prone to nausea, micronized is acclaimed to have more side effects, GI disturbance.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks! Would you know where I would get this 'Instant Kava' in UK?
The instant green Vanuatu is very uplifting, kavain high but always totally knocks my head off.

Incredible fruity flower smell.

The Ceremonial Instant is much heavier, earthier but very high quality. Both equal in regards of potency and quality, but very different effect profiles.

I have always kept the pet supplements in a sealed mason jar. The aroma aline can feel noticeably entoxicating. By far the highest quality Instant I know of anyway so far.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Or- Cellulose capsules. Im personally allergic to Gelatin. God praise Cellulose capsules...

Click click on ebay....simple, and so useful.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
About 22-23 years ago Holland & Barret in the UK used to sell bottles of kava capsules. I bought one when I returned to the UK after working in Vanuatu for a few years. You pretty much need to eat the whole bottle contents to get anywhere though. It might be worth having a look in there - maybe they have some new products.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
About 22-23 years ago Holland & Barret in the UK used to sell bottles of kava capsules. I bought one when I returned to the UK after working in Vanuatu for a few years. You pretty much need to eat the whole bottle contents to get anywhere though. It might be worth having a look in there - maybe they have some new products.
What I understand, it's illegal to sell Kava for human consumption in the UK. Like it is here in Sweden. So I guess pharmacies isn't the best place to look.