What's new

Carrion scented kava

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I had some tradesmen in to do some work on the house 2 weeks ago, and they decided to pull the plug on my freezer to use their tools, and forgot to replace it afterwards. Unfortunately I didn't notice for over a week (the freezer is in a storeroom away from the house) until I went to get my last kilo bag of kava from the freezer. The bag had a small cut in it where customs had stuck a knife into it to get a sample, and the smell of 10kg of rotting lamb and beef in the 35 degree C heat had impregnated it.
Now I'm in Laos, and there is no inward post or kava delivery due to COVID, so there was no way I was throwing the last kilo out. The powder smelt like bloated roadkill, but after making a strong 1.5liter mix the smell went a little, and after the second shell you could hardly notice. It did leave a slight aftertaste of rotten flesh the next morning though.
Perhaps this could catch on, like the Swedish Surstromming, or the Icelandic Hakarl?

Crunked

Proselytizer
Not that it was ever in doubt, but no-one could question your dedication to kava now. ::jawdrop2::
I wish there was some medal I could recommend you for.