What's new

Changes at the Kava Society

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Dear all,

Just wanted to make a short annoucement regarding some changes happening at the Kava Society right now. Due to the increased workload at my day job and family responsibilities, I have decided to step down from day to day management of The Kava Society's online shop and any customer facing commercial activities associated with the Kava Society. However, this doesn't mean that the Kava Society itself is closing or even slowing down. Far from it. I am very happy to announce that Todd and 'Anau (the main owners and managers of the Four Shells Kava Lounge) are joing the Kava Society as partners and co-owners. We are starting a slow transition (due to their busy schedule) and with time the partnership might go even further than this, but I thought it would be good to make this announcement now. The Kava Society and Four Shells Kava Lounge have long existed in a very close and symbiotic relationship, so this change is a natural step in the natural and obvious direction.

In any case, this change will have no impact on the quality of the kava that the Kava Society has been committed to sourcing and supplying. Indeed, we are about to make another annoucement regarding some new products and partnerships. This change will however affect how you can communciate with the Kava Society. I (Henry) will no longer be responding to customer enquiries/questions here on the kava forums. Instead, Todd or 'Anau will be happy to assist if you e-mail us at contact at kavasociety.nz

I will remain involved when it comes to quality control (tough job, but someone has to drink all the samples haha), any research & development activities, as well as kava advocacy, but all the day to day shop management, marketing etc matters are handed over to Todd and 'Anau.

When it comes to the Kava Forums' participation, I will retain a personal account (@Henry) and the Kava Society will have its own account that will be used for its vendor activities.

All the best,
Henry

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
Congratulations on the new developments, @Henry. You've built a wonderful thing over the past 7-8 years, so kudos to you.
Good luck with the day job, but do stick around! :)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Congrats Henry! Enjoy your new employment, and remember kava first, job second.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I will remain involved when it comes to quality control (tough job, but someone has to drink all the samples haha), any research & development activities, as well as kava advocacy, but all the day to day shop management, marketing etc matters are handed over to Todd and 'Anau.
Boy that's a tough job but someone has got to be the guinea pig... ;)

Glad things worked out though, look forward to trying new kavas!

Rami MeloMelo

Berkeley, CA
Kava Vendor
Kudos! We'll keep tinkering away on stuff. Looking forward to discovering new kavas and methodologies with you, Todd, and 'Anau.

KavaKween

Kava Curious
I appreciate that you shared this info and look forward to enjoying Kava Society products for years to come. Best of luck to all!

Crunked

Proselytizer
Well Henry you can be very proud of where the Kava Society is today due to your efforts. A busy day job and a young family don't leave much time for other activities so handing over the baton is understandable. All the best.

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
Henry your kava was and always will be my all time favorite. Thank you so much for your help and always answering my questions, bless u.