What's new

Kava Culture Chief Isaac Wan of Lamakara decicating John Frum Senta

Andrew Procyk

Noble Kava
Kava Vendor
This is a video that was taken during the festivities accompanying the dedication of the John Frum Center for the preservation of Kastom life in th villages of Tanna. while it is in Bislama, Bislama is a pidgin English, and the meaning can often be understood "behind" the words, so to speak.

What Chief Isaac essentially says, regardless of belief in John Frum, is that the center is there for all villages to use who wish to help preserve their kastom way of life. I was particularly especially honored, as the marine corps dress coat he wears for the ceremony was donated to us by a customer last year, before I went to Tanna, and I left it Lamakara for him. I showed up for the dedication - to which the whole island was invited with fliers, etc, and there he was wearing it! I couldn't believe it!

I also have some video from inside the center, which I will share when it is properly condensed for internet, and edited so there is not alot of useless footage on the bookends - which I hope you will be as exited about, but in the meantime - the man himself, chief Isaac Wan!