What's new

Chiefs jungle

Islandtime

Kava Curious
Just finished off a bag of chiefs, and I gotta say I've really grown to love this stuff more and more.  At first I thought stone was way better  but after a pound and half of chiefs I'm starting to find a lot of great things in chiefs that I don't find anywhere else.  I really dig the taste. chiefs carries into the next day very well to which if you have work in the am might not be great, considering you might sleep through the alarm.  Most kavas give me an island feeling, beachy if you will. Maybe its the name making me feel this but chiefs does feel very jungle like. I would love to wander around in jungle on this stuff and just watch birds. Anyway thats some of my thoughts on chiefs. I would like to here how others feel about it.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I've had a couple different batches of Chief's, and the first was way more potent than the second. The latest one, in my opinion, is a little bit weak. The first batch, however, was incredibly powerful. If you like Chief's, you'll love Solomon.

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
I also found my batch of Chief's having no strong effects. I seem to recall Nakamal at Home mentioned that this batch was sitting in customs for 6 months, could it just be stale?

Islandtime

Kava Curious
The latest batch was not as strong as previous batches but I wouldn't call it weak. It still packed a pretty good punch. I've read dried kava stays good for at least 2 years so I dont thinks its stale, just a weaker batch.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Oh, HELL yes. I once took a shell or two of Chief's and walked through the woods at sunset last summer. It was totally magical. I look forward to repeating the experience if at all possible next year.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I remember the first time I had Chief's. I didn't even get through the first shell.

I crawled into bed and was out before I got the covers pulled up.

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
I made it again from the 'weak' batch and sure enough it was weak. I think this bag was from August/September. I'm going to throw it out. I notice on their website they received a new shipment (Nov 30) that is "damn potent". Has anyone tried it?

Way too strong for Me they should call this tudei or krunked kava. One shell of this and You best not only not drive but if Your walking have a friend walk You home if Your not home. Beware this and Wow ain't to be clowned with. See I make My kava's the old way soy lecithin or milk and straining after letting set 30 minutes. Step 1 I add a cup of kava and one cold cup of water and one warm cup of water. Step 2 I add soy lecithin or Soy Milk creamer or milk about a couple of tbls or to taste. Step 3 I use a hand blender the old crank type not electric but it will work too and blend for about 1-2 minutes then stir. Step 4 I take another clean bowl and put My kava nylon bag on it and pour kava into new bowl with nylon large bag. Step 5 I rinse the original bowl and strain kava into that bowl being gentil not to use finger nails so I don't rip the bad and strain slowly until dry. Final Step disreguard dry kava and rise nylon bag good hang dry. Pour strained kava juice into shell or large coffe cup and enjoy YUM YUM ! The Milk or Soy Creamer has soy lecithin in it and milk has fat which allow the kavalactones to absorb into the body better aka better buzz. ENJOY but be careful with Chief Jungle and Wow kava's they can knock Ya down.

I just react badly to Chief's. I've tried a lot of varieties and the wilder strains from PNG and that area just leave me feeling wired/tired where I want to sleep but can't and just feeling very weird. Stone and the vanuatu varieties don't do that to me. Individual thing I guess.

kavalover

Outsider
Chief's is back. According to N@H's facebook group these roots have been in the ground for 10 years. Man I'm faced with a hard decision now... Do I try out the new batch of Chief's, or do I try out the Borogu from BKH.... decisions....

kl..

Kava Curious
Chiefs just makes me sleep. But that's fine. A lot of the time, that's what I want. I love the way it smells, but taste wise, it's pretty strong for me. One shell and I've had enough and am ready for bed.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
I made a batch and thought maybe I had used too much water, but 11 minutes later when I went to drink a second shell, I stumbled all the way to the fridge.

kavalover

Outsider
That is always good news! I'll gt myself a pound of this stuff soon. When I run out of my current collection, which will be, eh, that will be a while from now.... Hope there is some left!

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
I ordered 1/4 kg of chiefs along with 1/4 of stone and have found the stone to be more potent, but the most potent is a combo of 50/50 mixture. I really love the piney taste of chiefs and it has a really nice coarse and spongy texture and is perfect for squeezing and kneading. I think stone is the strongest of the two, but a mixture of stone and chiefs is way stonger than that.