What's new

Micronized Kava Review Chocokava

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
cpReview
{"Grade":10,"Potency":6,"Mind":7,"Body":5,"Anxiety":7,"Sedative":6,"Taste":"10","Preparation":"Mixed one tablespoon with 300ml of water.","Duration":"1 hour","SideEffects":"None","Headline":"Chocolate Kava!"}
It's been a long time since I've reviewed a micronized kava, but this one is special. Fiji Vanua has worked with an expert flavor crafter to make a kava product which lacks the standard kava flavor. Enter ChocoKava. Tesh, the owner of Fiji Vanua, even with his short time with us, has gone to some great lengths to fulfill needs he perceives from his customers.

This is a perfect 10 in terms of taste. They selected an amazing cocoa powder. It smells exactly like swiss miss with only the smallest hint of kava at the back.

The drink is slightly sweetened and a little powder goes a long way. I mixed 1 tablespoon with around 300ml of water and it made a drink that numbed my mouth, and I could even feel at one shell. Nothing crazy, of course, but I certainly did feel it at one shell amount.

Here's the real kicker; My wife drank it. Yes, the same wife that complains when I make kava because "It makes the kitchen smell like dirt". When that happens, you can bet the taste of this product is agreeable. Any kava related product I see her go after I feel deserves a 5 shell overall score. Any reduction in effects is made up by the pleasant taste, and you can always drink more :)

So, if you find yourself wincing when drinking kava, and wish for a little break, check this out when it becomes available.

The closest product in the past that I can say this is analogous to is Kava Time's chocolate micronized powders.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Can confirm, Mrs. Krunk really drank some on the last virtual kava circle.

Throwing a little cocoa powder in your kava really is a good way to trick your taste buds. You wouldn't expect one bitter flavor to mask another bitter flavor, yet it works!

Jacob Bula

Nobody
Can confirm, Mrs. Krunk really drank some on the last virtual kava circle.

Throwing a little cocoa powder in your kava really is a good way to trick your taste buds. You wouldn't expect one bitter flavor to mask another bitter flavor, yet it works!
Yep, I tried this last night because of this post. It was good.

marksmyspot

Kava Curious
I see the micronized but it does say it has chocolate in it.
Did you mix it with chocolate or does their micronized come that way?
Thanks.
Mark

Kavacoordinate

Kava Enthusiast
Tesh is one of my favorite people in the entire industry. I like him so much and I like his product so much that even if I'm buying from someone else I feel compelled to give him an order just because he's that great of a guy

marksmyspot

Kava Curious
What strain of kava is the Chocokava made with?

Looks like Loma Waka, but I am just curious.

I have some arriving today and can't wait to try it.

Thanks all.

fijivanuakava

Kava Vendor
Bula. Thank you all for your kind comments. We truly appreciate you as a customer and a big VINAKA. Thank you for giving us a chance. The Chocokava is made with our Old Roots Waka to ensure its potent. Sometimes adding formulation to kava plays with the potency somewhat, so we are using Old Roots. We truly believe "Good Kava should not be that expensive". One of the reasons we started our ecommerce after doing wholesale for a while. Looking forward to lowing our prices as our volume increase and Pandemic shipping cost hopefully going down. Excited to bring you Solomon Islands Kava soon. Its potent and creamy.

marksmyspot

Kava Curious
You kava is excellent.
I tried the chocolate.
The taste is very good. You hardly know your drinking kava and the effects are very nice.
Very similar to old roots. A tiny bit less potent but you just need to add more kava.
The taste and convience make up for it.