What's new

Clindamycin and kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Have to have a failed root canal repaired and told to take this antibiotic for current infection (allergic to penicillins). It seems like it’s particularly rough on the stomach. Anyone had problems with taking kava with it? Now is the time I really need kava for anxiety but don’t really want to destroy my gut!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Have to have a failed root canal repaired and told to take this antibiotic for current infection (allergic to penicillins). It seems like it’s particularly rough on the stomach. Anyone had problems with taking kava with it? Now is the time I really need kava for anxiety but don’t really want to destroy my gut!
I'm allergic to penicillin family too. Generally I usually try to hold off on kava while taking antibiotics, just because of the queasy factor alone. I don't have a strong stomach for antibiotics.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I’ll try and stay off the kava but if needed do you think Nene might be the best choice?

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I've taken clindamycin before and didn't perceive an interaction with Kava. I had a really weird parasitic eye infection (I'll leave it at that) and it was the only antibiotic powerful enough to take care of it.

However, I have a weird stomach and system and it takes something really bad to make me feel nauseous or otherwise sick. So I might not be the best person to answer this.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I've taken clindamycin before and didn't perceive an interaction with Kava. I had a really weird parasitic eye infection (I'll leave it at that) and it was the only antibiotic powerful enough to take care of it.

However, I have a weird stomach and system and it takes something really bad to make me feel nauseous or otherwise sick. So I might not be the best person to answer this.
I definitely won’t ask! I very rarely feel nauseous and I don’t remember the last time I threw up. Never had morning sickness. The only things my body dislikes are antibiotics. Always have an adverse reaction the few times I’ve had to take them and don’t think I’ve ever completed a full course! This Clindamycin seems to be working as pain and swelling has gone but I’m definitely feeling it in my stomach. Taking pro-biotic so hope that helps me out! But if I get worse, I’m not taking them. My dental appointment is next Tuesday so hopefully infection doesn’t come back before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.