What's new

Co2 Extract update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Hey-O! Any word on the extract, ha. been keeping my eye on this, also just read about your bottled kava, can't wait for some awesome new stuff from you!
I know, I totally suck at estimating when we'll have these things available. Thanks for bearing with me. We moved our processing facility over the weekend. Knowing that was coming, I wanted to wait to set up the extractor until we were finished. I'll have it all hooked up this week, and will hopefully get to pumping out extract shortly thereafter.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
I know, I totally suck at estimating when we'll have these things available. Thanks for bearing with me. We moved our processing facility over the weekend. Knowing that was coming, I wanted to wait to set up the extractor until we were finished. I'll have it all hooked up this week, and will hopefully get to pumping out extract shortly thereafter.
For some reason I can't stop envisioning a Willy Wonka scene playing out over there. Umpa Lumpas dancing around with bags of kava and buckets of extract while singing and whistling the "Don't worry, be happy" song.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
The White Stag of kava, the ever elusive Co2 extract...I saw it once from GHK but then it disappeared. I hear there is one lurking around BKH but remains out of sight.
It's coming... I got my extractor back from a refurbishment about a month ago, then left town for a couple weeks before I could get it set up and running. I'm back now so I'll get on it.

kavaloveraz

Kava Curious
It's coming... I got my extractor back from a refurbishment about a month ago, then left town for a couple weeks before I could get it set up and running. I'm back now so I'll get on it.
I am looking forward to trying this , what will be the cost and how many grams will come in the jar?

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
I am looking forward to trying this , what will be the cost and how many grams will come in the jar?
A couple pages back he claimed he was aiming for ~$1/g and at first a 50g package (with I assume potentially more sizes in the future)

Zaphod

Kava Lover
What circumstances/situations are ideal for using co2 extracted kava?
Well for one it is highly portable, a small little jar packs a real whalop. I have only tried one extract (GHKs) that was short lived, but it was very convenient. Even more convenient than an instant. The only drawback I saw was cost and it provided a very different (more heady) experience than the traditional prep of the same kava (mahakea in this case). I expect that the % of each KL extracted is different than traditional prep so it effectively changes the chemotype. This is probably something that can be modified based on how you do the C02 exctraction - so don't take my word as gospel. A BKH extract might be totally different. If he gets it working I would certainly try another round.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I am still very much looking forward to the extract, I hope it comes out soon.
Doh, I know, I know. No excuses, I'm totally slacking. The honest truth is that I really value my free time. Work to live, ya know what I mean? It's the thick of triathlon season now as well, which means I'm training 15-25 hours a week on top of work, and then when I have some spare time I tend to be a wee bit lazy. The extract is coming though. I appreciate your patience.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
What circumstances/situations are ideal for using co2 extracted kava?
Going to a movie? Kava extract. Going for a run? Kava extract. Dinner with the inlaws? Kava extract. Watching TV? Kava extract. Walking the dog? Kava extract.... You get the picture. There's no bad time for a good kava extract.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Doh, I know, I know. No excuses, I'm totally slacking. The honest truth is that I really value my free time. Work to live, ya know what I mean? It's the thick of triathlon season now as well, which means I'm training 15-25 hours a week on top of work, and then when I have some spare time I tend to be a wee bit lazy. The extract is coming though. I appreciate your patience.
I hear you Judd, I have seen some of your Instagram photos and it's very apparent you love running, being outdoors and staying fit. It's is also the best time of the year to be outdoors. I think we or I (speaking for myself only) forget that you guys have other interests and a life to live beyond kava.

It's easy to lose sight of that sometimes so I will patiently wait for the extract, because I still do want to build a Kapm' worthy extract stash :)

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
Going to a movie? Kava extract. Going for a run? Kava extract. Dinner with the inlaws? Kava extract. Watching TV? Kava extract. Walking the dog? Kava extract.... You get the picture. There's no bad time for a good kava extract.
Just wondering what are the benefits of going for a run while on kava? I guess the Eua extract can help for sure but other strains might make me too chill...

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Just wondering what are the benefits of going for a run while on kava? I guess the Eua extract can help for sure but other strains might make me too chill...
Lol. I was kinda joking. Not a comedian I guess. Basically I was saying that anytime is a good time for kava.

Kavacoordinate

Kava Enthusiast
Judd, are you going to be providing extracts of all your kavas? Or or just the higher-profile stuff that's consistently available on your website?

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Judd, are you going to be providing extracts of all your kavas? Or or just the higher-profile stuff that's consistently available on your website?
Probably start with just one. We want consistency and a reasonable price, so we'll likely make it with kava that we never run out of stock on, that is consistently strong and of high quality, and is reasonably priced. The Borogu would be a good bet. Taveuni has been pretty consistent as well, so I could see either of those being used.

Kavacoordinate

Kava Enthusiast
I hear you Judd, I have seen some of your Instagram photos and it's very apparent you love running, being outdoors and staying fit. It's is also the best time of the year to be outdoors. I think we or I (speaking for myself only) forget that you guys have other interests and a life to live beyond kava.

It's easy to lose sight of that sometimes so I will patiently wait for the extract, because I still do want to build a Kapm' worthy extract stash :)
Probably start with just one. We want consistency and a reasonable price, so we'll likely make it with kava that we never run out of stock on, that is consistently strong and of high quality, and is reasonably priced. The Borogu would be a good bet. Taveuni has been pretty consistent as well, so I could see either of those being used.
I'm trying to figure out where he gets all his extracts now that paradise is no longer making them.

Status
Not open for further replies.