What's new

Coconut shell

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
From which vendor is Kavasseur's coconut shell? Or at least one similar to it, the one I've got is misshapen and has an odd finish, kinda looks like what I think is lacquer.

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
You can also get one from BKH, it's a big shell, holds about 2 cups of grog - got it for $4..
The one I have is from there, there's nothing wrong with it, it's just that it bothers me because it's sort of crooked and the opening is a little bit above the "equator" or whatever, the center of the sphere. I saw that Kavasseur's was split basically perfectly in half, and I liked that, so it's just a personal aesthetic thing.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
The one I have is from there, there's nothing wrong with it, it's just that it bothers me because it's sort of crooked and the opening is a little bit above the "equator" or whatever, the center of the sphere. I saw that Kavasseur's was split basically perfectly in half, and I liked that, so it's just a personal aesthetic thing.
BEWARE! They can unexpectedly explode. :eek:
(review the other thread describing this phenonomon)

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I hear yah, mine is the same and I too wanted the 6oz size, but every time I try to buy it its sold out.

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
Yes...if you like I can send a bunch and then you can distribute them inside the US. The shells are sanded to a smooth surface and are thin at the lip like Fijian bilos.
I might be making my own after realizing that that's a great idea, but this idea sounds intriguing. I'll have to mull this over...