What's new

Kava Science Cold Brew Kava & Lawena Discount

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Hello Everyone!

First things first -- We haven't had any sales so far this year, and I think it's time! CK Lawena is 10% off till the end of the month, so come on in!

Over here at Cactus Kava we're constantly thinking about new ways to prepare kava. Anything that results in a better grog is great by us. It could improve the taste, the mouth feel, or the effects. I was reading an article this morning on a new cold brew coffee prototype that uses a vacuum to quickly create a water extraction of cold brew coffee that results in a great tasting product in under 10 minutes. Here's the article:

http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/21/pique-cold-brew/

We definitely know CO2 extraction works well to extract all sorts of resins and waxes, but I'm wondering if anyone has a vacuum chamber with which to brew some grog as an experiment. Anyone up for it? This could be the new Grogmaster 5000 everyone's been waiting for!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hello Everyone!

First things first -- We haven't had any sales so far this year, and I think it's time! CK Lawena is 10% off till the end of the month, so come on in!

Over here at Cactus Kava we're constantly thinking about new ways to prepare kava. Anything that results in a better grog is great by us. It could improve the taste, the mouth feel, or the effects. I was reading an article this morning on a new cold brew coffee prototype that uses a vacuum to quickly create a water extraction of cold brew coffee that results in a great tasting product in under 10 minutes. Here's the article:

http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/21/pique-cold-brew/

We definitely know CO2 extraction works well to extract all sorts of resins and waxes, but I'm wondering if anyone has a vacuum chamber with which to brew some grog as an experiment. Anyone up for it? This could be the new Grogmaster 5000 everyone's been waiting for!
I am the proud owner of a vacuum chamber / oven.

Edit: and would love to discover a new way of making kava.

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
I am the proud owner of a vacuum chamber / oven.

Edit: and would love to discover a new way of making kava.
I think the way to do it, would be to throw your usual amount of kava and water in a bowl and stir it up, and then throw it in the vacuum chamber for a while. You would have to experiment with times + grind of kava. The coffee guys said they only use espresso, so I'm thinking a fine grind is necessary if you want to do shorter vacuum times.

... I'm a vacuum novice -- do you have lab vacuums? Anything I can easily buy/use?