What's new

Coming back from long break, reverse tolerance again?

Adam44

Kava Curious
I took a break for about 6 months from kava and I've bought some more recently but my first few tries im not feeling much. I keep raising the dose and nothing. Do I have to "break through" reverse tolerance again like when one first starts taking Kava?

TribalCulture

Krunkonomicon
3 questions:
1. Are you ordering the same strain that you took a break from?
2. Any changes in your diet within the past 6 months?
3. What would be your standard dose, and how much are you increasing it?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It will take a short while for you to start feeling it again. Just keep going.

Adam44

Kava Curious
3 questions:
1. Are you ordering the same strain that you took a break from?
2. Any changes in your diet within the past 6 months?
3. What would be your standard dose, and how much are you increasing it?
Not exactly the same stuff but I'm only using well reviewed/reliable Kava. It's weird cause the first 20-30 minutes feels like it's going great then at 30 minutes onward it's just meh. Hopefully I just have to break in the reverse tolerance again. No change in diet

Last edited:

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I'm in the same boat. I haven't felt much at all in last few weeks. I have been using medicinal cannabis in the evenings so I'm thinking maybe kava and cannabis have the same/similar receptors?

Kinda bummed to be honest.

I took a break for about 6 months from kava and I've bought some more recently but my first few tries im not feeling much. I keep raising the dose and nothing. Do I have to "break through" reverse tolerance again like when one first starts taking Kava?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I'm in the same boat. I haven't felt much at all in last few weeks. I have been using medicinal cannabis in the evenings so I'm thinking maybe kava and cannabis have the same/similar receptors?

Kinda bummed to be honest.
someone who is myself in an alternative dimension on the planet Frunobulax asserts they are similar receptors but different and complementary, and cross potentiating.