What's new

complex question

richard

Kava Curious
I have taken 1 x500mg capsule by Eurovital (30% standardised) every day for years. It is brilliant. Its shuts anxiety dead and lasts 24 hours. There is no euphoria or any extra special feelings at all.

I have run out and cannot source.

I have now experimented with various other capsules and tried to accurately ensure I have similar Kavalcatones to by eurovital tablets. They all give me a good feeling for an hour or two but then my anxiety returns with force. Taking more does not really work. More euphoria and then after 2 hours anxiety with more force.

I have taken powders (instant) and perhaps I have too much but I can get the good feeling for a couple of hours before my anxiety returns with force.

I am confused as to whether to keep trying brands? or maybe I should be experimenting with amounts.

I cannot work out why one brand would be so different.

Any clues or suggestions appreciated.

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
I really have no idea what would make the difference. I'm curious to find out, though. Do you have the list of ingredients in the Eurovital capsules you were taking?

richard

Kava Curious
the product is 500mg (from 25mg of a 20:1 extract) standardised to contain 30% kavs.
No ethanol just cellulose, gelatin, maltodextrin, magnesium sulphate and silica.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
the product is 500mg (from 25mg of a 20:1 extract) standardised to contain 30% kavs.
No ethanol just cellulose, gelatin, maltodextrin, magnesium sulphate and silica.
It is likely they used ethanol to extract the KL then removed the ethanol from the product. Either way most on this forum would recommend more traditional prep methods over long term use of extracts. I like extracts, and they certainly have their place, but to date they don't come close to the full experience of kava - if they did more people would be taking and using them because of their convenience. In addition, calling a kava extract kava is like calling caffeine coffee. There is a lot more to and in a cup of coffee then its most notable psychoactive component. Same with kava extracts.

Last edited:

richard

Kava Curious
It is likely they used ethanol to extract the KL then removed the ethanol from the product. Either way most on this forum would recommend more traditional prep methods over long term use of extracts. I like extracts, and they certainly have their place, but to date they don't come close to the full experience of kava - if they did more people would be taking and using them because of their convenience. In addition, calling a kava extract kava is like calling caffeine coffee. There is a lot more to and in a cup of coffee then its most notable psychoactive component. Same with kava extracts.
yes maybe. But one capsule alone switched off my anxiety for 24 hours. All, more potent instant powders in the round cause a positive rush and then increased anxiety and last only for 2 hours. So I am of the mind that the type of kava in the capsule was different, maybe a Trudei and more sedative type.This is what I am trying to establish.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
yes maybe. But one capsule alone switched off my anxiety for 24 hours. All, more potent instant powders in the round cause a positive rush and then increased anxiety and last only for 2 hours. So I am of the mind that the type of kava in the capsule was different, maybe a Trudei and more sedative type.This is what I am trying to establish.
For me, Nambawan from BKH provides this. It is strong, but does not give me much of a head buzz. It is mostly a heavy body kava that just crushes anxiety and helps me sleep like the dead. As far as I know it has not been provided as an instant or microgrind - but one could make your own instant or microgrind with it if that is your preference. It is already pretty finely ground.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
For me, Nambawan from BKH provides this. It is strong, but does not give me much of a head buzz. It is mostly a heavy body kava that just crushes anxiety and helps me sleep like the dead. As far as I know it has not been provided as an instant or microgrind - but one could make your own instant or microgrind with it if that is your preference. It is already pretty finely ground.
one of the things that makes nambawan so good is it incorporates an instant kava formulation into the medium grind. Gives it an extra oomph, in effects of course, but one goal was to simulate fresh kava taste.

I always wonder why, since it is possible to make instant grog from fresh kava why more people don't do that. There's the green fresh which one can buy, excellent though expensive. One wonders why it stops there? Why not 20 different fresh kava instants on the market? Are we still that unsophisticated?

Zaphod

Kava Lover
one of the things that makes nambawan so good is it incorporates an instant kava formulation into the medium grind. Gives it an extra oomph, in effects of course, but one goal was to simulate fresh kava taste.

I always wonder why, since it is possible to make instant grog from fresh kava why more people don't do that. There's the green fresh which one can buy, excellent though expensive. One wonders why it stops there? Why not 20 different fresh kava instants on the market? Are we still that unsophisticated?
Ah, yes it is soooo good I would give it 5 stars! I do find the instants pretty good overall - and I wonder the same thing. It wouldn't appear to be all that time and labor intensive to make instants from the medium grind so I am surprised it is not more available. I have made a few instants my self using my smoker as a dehydrator and they all have come out excellent. Although they do tend to come out with a bit of a smokey flavor only because there is no way to get a smoker super clean after all the yummy meat I have done in there. Then again if my instant tastes slightly like hickory pulled pork who am I to complain?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Ah, yes it is soooo good I would give it 5 stars! I do find the instants pretty good overall - and I wonder the same thing. It wouldn't appear to be all that time and labor intensive to make instants from the medium grind so I am surprised it is not more available. I have made a few instants my self using my smoker as a dehydrator and they all have come out excellent. Although they do tend to come out with a bit of a smokey flavor only because there is no way to get a smoker super clean after all the yummy meat I have done in there. Then again if my instant tastes slightly like hickory pulled pork who am I to complain?
oh, definitely. Five stars!

richard

Kava Curious
I still reckon that however good these kavas are (I have tried loads) that my anxiety creeps back in 3 hours. Not with a solitary capsule from Eurovital. Will keep looking.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I still reckon that however good these kavas are (I have tried loads) that my anxiety creeps back in 3 hours. Not with a solitary capsule from Eurovital. Will keep looking.
I doubt you will find something kava related that relieves your anxiety for a full 24 hours like that pill. I've never heard of this pill. Where did you get it?

Over a period of time (maybe a month or so), with daily kava drinking, there's that anxiety shield effect that people talk about. I experience it too. Have you heard of this before?
Another idea is you may want to change your headspace and expectations around kava a bit. I look forward to kava as a break from my anxiety and other issues. This is after coping with them all day and then having some sweet relief. I can see giving up 24 hours of relief would be very very difficult. Seems like a downgrade for sure.

Most kava drinkers do not get 24 hour relief of everything the kava is helping them with. Some choose to drink it during the day. Daywalkers! Have you tried this? Is it too sedating, or do you think you could pull it off?

richard

Kava Curious
I have found a kava that has provided 24 relief. High in DHM and DHK. No warm feeling for an hour or two but long lasting.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Judd has mentioned on the forum that the instant green is basically instant Nambawan.

richard

Kava Curious
Judd has mentioned on the forum that the instant green is basically instant Nambawan.
Instant green does not do the job of PNG ISA. PNG ISA is very strong and I ONLY take a flat table spoon daily to keep anxiety at bay for nearly 24 hours. No other side effects for me at this level and no great feelings of warmth and euphoria....perhaps a little more sociable in the hour or so after. If I took more than this small amount then I would feel a little zombie-fied and sluggish. Instant Green is all over in 3-4 hours. A pleasant 3-4 hours but no less anxious afterwards.

RLC

If your anxiety is that bad have you considered psilocybin mushrooms? Legal now in CA (if you are in USA) and I have heard it can have long lasting effects for anxiety (months, not hours or days). Maybe a bit out there but hey - hope you feel better.

richard

Kava Curious
If your anxiety is that bad have you considered psilocybin mushrooms? Legal now in CA (if you are in USA) and I have heard it can have long lasting effects for anxiety (months, not hours or days). Maybe a bit out there but hey - hope you feel better.
UK....so unlikely to get those in! and they sound frightening:)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Instant green does not do the job of PNG ISA. PNG ISA is very strong and I ONLY take a flat table spoon daily to keep anxiety at bay for nearly 24 hours. No other side effects for me at this level and no great feelings of warmth and euphoria....perhaps a little more sociable in the hour or so after. If I took more than this small amount then I would feel a little zombie-fied and sluggish. Instant Green is all over in 3-4 hours. A pleasant 3-4 hours but no less anxious afterwards.
I am really glad that you have found this dosing approach that really works for you. I think it would work for many more people except it is hard to try to talk them into it. Bula!

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Yeah, I understand what you're saying and I wasn't suggesting it to you for your needs. There really isn't much available anymore that can provide those long lasting anti-anxiety effects. Kava Supreme and Stone have been among the few heavy kava options lately but they aren't going to do what the ISA is doing for you. You could also mix it with a higher kavain noble to get the best of both worlds.

richard

Kava Curious
@richard ,
Can you leave some details as to the type of kava and the routine you found to mitigate your anxiety. Thanks
Just a 'dessert spoon' not tablespoon as a put earlier per day of ISA from PNG which I mix and strain daily with 300ml of water. I did used to take a capsule 500mg made by Eurovital and that worked well but they don't do it anymore. All other types of Kava instant, capsule (many many types) do not do the same irrespective of quantity. I know we all different, but I don't want the euphoric feeling that most Kavas give. Need long lasting but very low impact to take edge off. hence the low doseage but it sticks around.