What's new

Comprehensive Lab Results (Mine)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
_Lab-Results-Letter-1.jpg

Kava History:
41.6 grams of kava per day made traditionally in 400ml of warm water. Nets about 12oz of actual high powered grog. I've been drinking at this level for at least 10 years with breaks totaling about 1 month during the entire duration.

I figured it was my turn. Was tested Monday 1/27.

For reference, I had just completed a full round of antibiotics and steroids. The antibiotics I finished the day prior to the test, and the steroids I finished 3 days prior. This could very well have something to do with the elevated ALT AST and ALP numbers.

You can see I'm one of the ones w/ the elevated cholesterol #s, however the doctor did send me a note explaining that the cholesterol # is high due to the D HDL number also being high. He says this is actually good and protects from heart disease.

I'm going back in due to platelet count. I bet it's due to the massive damage my lungs experienced around Jan 3rd to the 11th, but we'll see.

I plan on asking him to retest once I get some time between me and the prescriptions I took home from the hospital. I do expect those liver numbers to drop.

Figured I'd include the urinalysis too since kava is such a diuretic.

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Your HDL is so high you qualify for a disorder called Logevity Syndrome.

Longevity syndrome
Longevity syndrome is an epigenetic-based condition whereby a person can expect to live 10 years longer than average due to a genetic mutation passed on from one parent to the next1. This mutation results in higher levels of HDL, greater than 75 mg/dL.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Your HDL is so high you qualify for a disorder called Logevity Syndrome.

Longevity syndrome
Longevity syndrome is an epigenetic-based condition whereby a person can expect to live 10 years longer than average due to a genetic mutation passed on from one parent to the next1. This mutation results in higher levels of HDL, greater than 75 mg/dL.
Well that's definitely a silver lining. To be quite honest, I had wrapped up so much anxiety over my health that even knowing these numbers feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. My maternal grandfather fought heart disease for his entire life and had his first heart attack at 32. He drank like a fish and smoked like a tar kettle though, so I don't think that was doing him any favors.

It's nice to know.