What's new

Concentrate

Irish88

Kava Curious
I am starting my first attempt with Kava in the next couple days and I thought about starting with the concentrate. I've read through some of the threads about the concentrate and I am starting to lose my enthusiasm. Does anyone have any tips so I can have an enjoyable experience? I've read that I should drink it on an empty stomach. Is 2 tablespoons the right amount?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I am starting my first attempt with Kava in the next couple days and I thought about starting with the concentrate. I've read through some of the threads about the concentrate and I am starting to lose my enthusiasm. Does anyone have any tips so I can have an enjoyable experience? I've read that I should drink it on an empty stomach. Is 2 tablespoons the right amount?
Welcome! Which concentrate were you thinking of using?

Irish88

Kava Curious
I guess I should have waited until I got the Sample Pack from KWK because I'm not sure which one they are sending. I think they send the Kavarite and Guava. I was planning on mixing it with iced tea unless this isn't the best way to mix. I'm not expecting it to taste great but I would like a better effect. Is there a more effective way of making a drink from the concentrate?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I guess I should have waited until I got the Sample Pack from KWK because I'm not sure which one they are sending. I think they send the Kavarite and Guava. I was planning on mixing it with iced tea unless this isn't the best way to mix. I'm not expecting it to taste great but I would like a better effect. Is there a more effective way of making a drink from the concentrate?
Well good news, if you got the concentrate drink from KWK, you should be set up well. Extracts usually lack a bit of lower end sedative power, his doesn't. It'll put you out quickly.

My wife swears by the concentrate drinks because she absolutely can't stand the taste of traditional kava. She loves kava, but can't handle that wonderful taste bouquet of our anesthetic mud water.

She usually pours about 2-3 oz of kwk concentrate in a 12oz glass, and fills the rest of it up with water.

readyman

Kava Enthusiast
Well good news, if you got the concentrate drink from KWK, you should be set up well. Extracts usually lack a bit of lower end sedative power, his doesn't. It'll put you out quickly.

My wife swears by the concentrate drinks because she absolutely can't stand the taste of traditional kava. She loves kava, but can't handle that wonderful taste bouquet of our anesthetic mud water.

She usually pours about 2-3 oz of kwk concentrate in a 12oz glass, and fills the rest of it up with water.
has your wife tried any of kavatimes flavored kavas my wife will not touch regular kava but will drink kavatimes flavored just a thought

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm sure anything from KWK is going to be great but I can't help but think that you should get used to root powder first and then maybe branch out to other forms. I know these days it's all good from quality vendors like KWK but still the root is the best way closely followed by instant.

bogmonkey

Kava? Yes please!
I just ordered a Guava...first time trying a concentrate. I am one of the few who actually enjoys the taste of kava, but I like to mix things up - and the concentrate seems like it would be awesome in certain situations

T

Terrance J Goins JR

Yes kava is suppose to be drank on an empty stomach i have never personally tried them but they are so tempting let me know how you liked them.

Bitter Pill

Kava Curious
I'd recommend chewing the dried roots first before the concentrates or power. It takes a while for the tolerance to lower and chewing seems to be the most potent. I used Maui Medicinal before I could no longer find it on eBay, then I moved to some "cut and sifted" kava I found on Amazon.