What's new

Congrats!

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
That's completely rediculous!
Well, it was normally reserved for when it was a complete system failure, and 5,000 people who relied on our systems couldn't do their jobs until it was back online. One time we calculated out how much money was lost for every minute the system was down, and it was in the tens of thousands... Much more stressful than kava ::chugger::

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
I think it's a good way to evaluate my relationship with FB. I've researched a lot of interesting things today and have missed scrolling at all. Interesting how long it's been down.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
LOL I feel bad for you guys. I quit Facebook last year and it was the best decision I ever made. I completely deleted the account as well just to be sure I would never login again. I had to let the family know, because that's how everybody communicates nowadays...:rolleyes: Use Signal or call me like normal people, lol.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Well, it was normally reserved for when it was a complete system failure, and 5,000 people who relied on our systems couldn't do their jobs until it was back online. One time we calculated out how much money was lost for every minute the system was down, and it was in the tens of thousands... Much more stressful than kava ::chugger::
Really not that different than widget producing production lines. Kodak's film industry was a 24/7 around the clock operation, in the dark no less. Anytime a line went down it was measured in $$$/minute and it was all hands on deck. I imagine it is the same for any high volume manufacturing. The digital age is no different just a different product.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
LOL I feel bad for you guys. I quit Facebook last year and it was the best decision I ever made. I completely deleted the account as well just to be sure I would never login again. I had to let the family know, because that's how everybody communicates nowadays...:rolleyes: Use Signal or call me like normal people, lol.
I might lose all contact with my family if I deleted....wait maybe that is a pro. Not sure what your family is into to use Signal. Your not Sicilian by any chance?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I might lose all contact with my family if I deleted....wait maybe that is a pro. Not sure what your family is into to use Signal. Your not Sicilian by any chance?
lol, what it is with signal that carries that negative connotation?

It's my understanding that most of the messaging apps these days are pretty similar with the main distinction being end to end encryption with signal. I personally use signal because I can message people from my PC and my iOS devices instead of being forced to only use iMessages which coincidentally also uses end to end encryption. If apple came out with a PC based messaging application to use with iMessages I'd be all over that.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
lol, what it is with signal that carries that negative connotation?

It's my understanding that most of the messaging apps these days are pretty similar with the main distinction being end to end encryption with signal. I personally use signal because I can message people from my PC and my iOS devices instead of being forced to only use iMessages which coincidentally also uses end to end encryption. If apple came out with a PC based messaging application to use with iMessages I'd be all over that.
Haha not really. Just most folks around me that use those type of end to end encryption apps are looking to buy or sell nefarious items or themselves. Not so much general use like texting family. Interesting that you can use the PC based app, that would be very worthwhile.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Your not Sicilian by any chance?
Close, lol! My Mom's side of the family is from Northern Italy and rest is Brazilian, like moi. The lack of communication is a good thing. I am also still on what's app for most of the family, I use signal with my friends.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Close, lol! My Mom's side of the family is from Northern Italy and rest is Brazilian, like moi. The lack of communication is a good thing. I am also still on what's app for most of the family, I use signal with my friends.
Gotta use signal to ask people if they enjoy the use of their kneecaps ;)

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Close, lol! My Mom's side of the family is from Northern Italy and rest is Brazilian, like moi.
Nice! My father's side is Sicilian...so much so that his 23andme results showed nothing but southern Italy and north African. That is when I sent him the clip from True Romance with Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken (I won't link it here since NSFW). He laughed so hard he nearly wet himself....