What's new

Kava Preparation Correct way to use micronized kava

Alark

Kava Curious
What I currently do is add 5-10g of micronized kava into 150 - 200 ml of water every 30min - 1 hour for 2-4 hours and gulp it within 10 mins I get dizzy (and somewhat euphoric) depending on the strain is this normal part of it?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
What I currently do is add 5-10g of micronized kava into 150 - 200 ml of water every 30min - 1 hour for 2-4 hours and gulp it within 10 mins I get dizzy (and somewhat euphoric) depending on the strain is this normal part of it?
Most people tend to settle between 30-60 grams but most of us only use medium grind. In my opinion if you want the convenience, use instant kava, micro is (usually) overpriced for what it is. Medium is best and most cost effective.

Play with the amounts, if you are getting dizzy, try adding more water. Having some food in your stomach is not a bad idea either, just don't eat steak and mashed potatos and expect great results, lol. Eating a small amount of food to settle a rumbling stomach before kava shouldn't affect the outcome that drastically and will possibly help the overall experience.

Jean

Kava Curious
Micronized kava may lead to discomfort due to the fact that bigger particles as when using a strainer are present. Micronized means simply particles in the size range below the millimeter, while a strainer provides particles typically around a tenth of a milliliter and below. Check the forum for deeper discussion on this subject. And follow the above advice of Kojo.