What's new

Could Constipation be caused by "Kavapation" ?

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
If someone begins consuming kava regularly, long-term, and finds constipation to be a new problem, could there be any correlation between the constipation and kava-consumption, aka Kavapation ?

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
If someone begins consuming kava regularly, long-term, and finds constipation to be a new problem, could there be any correlation between the constipation and kava-consumption, aka Kavapation ?

I would say yes as Kava consumption causes dehydration.
It's always important to drink plenty of water the next day after a Kava session.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I would say yes as Kava consumption causes dehydration.
It's always important to drink plenty of water the next day after a Kava session.
Interesting to note, that there may be a connection to this deydration, with the electrolyte imbalance topic, in the thread that's currently directly below this one

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Here's another theory I have. I'm really interested in hearing input on this :
Kava acts similar to a muscle relaxer, so could it be relaxing the muscles in the abdominal area, that are responsible for pushing the poop out ?
Maybe they're so relaxed, that they're too weak to push ? Not just the final, intentional push, but the whole "automatic" process in the colon, that
we're not even conscious of ?

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
Here's another theory I have. I'm really interested in hearing input on this :
Kava acts similar to a muscle relaxer, so could it be relaxing the muscles in the abdominal area, that are responsible for pushing the poop out ?
Maybe they're so relaxed, that they're too weak to push ? Not just the final, intentional push, but the whole "automatic" process in the colon, that
we're not even conscious of ?

Thats an interesting one. That could very much also be the case! But I'm not too sure.
@Kapmcrunk or @Krunʞy may have the answer to this one.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
So I get constipation. Others get the opposite effect.
I don't like the taste of kava. Others love the taste of kava.
I keep getting opposite effects from everyone.
Maybe...what I'm drinking isn't real, authentic kava ?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
So I get constipation. Others get the opposite effect.
I don't like the taste of kava. Others love the taste of kava.
I keep getting opposite effects from everyone.
Maybe...what I'm drinking isn't real, authentic kava ?
Oh it likely is real kava. Kava has such a wide array of effects on different people. Over time the ones that have experienced the same effects seem to group up here. That doesn't mean your experience is any less valid and I'm sure there is more than one person that carries your sentiments exactly.