What's new

I Love Kava Friday Could it be?

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
Our air conditioner doesn't work. I think a fuse got blown. They can't get out to fix it until next Thursday. If kava dehydrates, I may have to take a break from drinking it so I stay hydrated...
I have an idea, instead of taking a break to keep hydrated why not just uhh drink some extra water?

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I have an idea, instead of taking a break to keep hydrated why not just uhh drink some extra water?
I have wondered myself, to what extent does diluting your kava further, drinking more water per gram of Kava, might negate the dehydrating effects, if at all.

I have the same curiosity about tea and coffee too.

ThatDankK

I have wondered myself, to what extent does diluting your kava further, drinking more water per gram of Kava, might negate the dehydrating effects, if at all.

I have the same curiosity about tea and coffee too.
Tea and coffee actually hydrate you some, but the caffeine in them negates the little amount it hydrates you so it evens out until you add the fact that they're diuretics into the equation. You're better off drinking water on the side like I do, I never get dehydrated anymore.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Tea and coffee actually hydrate you some, but the caffeine in them negates the little amount it hydrates you so it evens out until you add the fact that they're diuretics into the equation. You're better off drinking water on the side like I do, I never get dehydrated anymore.
It's the same thing with kava, I find it useful to keep adult pedialyte around for heavy sessions.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Regular intake of coffee and tea doesn't actually dehydrate you. It's if you abstain from caffeine and then ingest a high dose of caffeine that you start urinating more frequently and therefore dehydrating. If you consume caffeine regularly, you develop a tolerance and you eventually return to a regular rate of going to the bathroom. Tea, being lower in caffeine content in pretty much all of its drinkable forms, you can probably go nuts drinking it and keeping hydrated.

Not that kavalactones and caffeine are the same, but I imagine drinking large quantities of kavalactones would make you urinate more but I'm uncertain if kavalactones cause additional forms of hydration impairment.

ThatDankK

Regular intake of coffee and tea doesn't actually dehydrate you. It's if you abstain from caffeine and then ingest a high dose of caffeine that you start urinating more frequently and therefore dehydrating. If you consume caffeine regularly, you develop a tolerance and you eventually return to a regular rate of going to the bathroom. Tea, being lower in caffeine content in pretty much all of its drinkable forms, you can probably go nuts drinking it and keeping hydrated.

Not that kavalactones and caffeine are the same, but I imagine drinking large quantities of kavalactones would make you urinate more but I'm uncertain if kavalactones cause additional forms of hydration impairment.
Kava is also considered a diuretic I believe

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Your thinking and logic on this mirrors my own entirely. Thanks for your thoughts hope the week goes well for you.