What's new

Couple pics :)

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Took few pics today, after getting some kava in the mail...
So lined up all the kava powders I have got over the last 40 or so days :)

CameraZOOM-20150430170726633.jpg
CameraZOOM-20150430170653851.jpg

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Rub some olive oil into that shell and it'll get deeply dark, which contrasts beautifully with the kava in it. I refuse to drink fresh kava out of anything other than my traditional shell. [emoji3]

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Ya was gon rub something on it...just wasent sure if its good or smooth enough lol...
The outside is crazy smooth...inside might need lil more sanding...
Question....what do you use inside the the shell? V heard ppl use food safe somthing or other..which helps keep it protected from liquid?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I used olive oil on the inside and outside to protect it from drying out. I kinda cheated a little bit and used my vacuum chamber to pull the olive oil deep into the pores of the coconut, though. You'd be surprised how handy a vacuum oven can be.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Steve Mariotti some of the vendors on here sell shells, most are around 4-7 bucks....which isnt bad at all, ebay sometimes has some, but you would have to look around and make sure you carefully check out what your buying lol... Also can go to google and type in buy coconut shell, a ton of places will pop up! The only problem I had is that if you just want to order one, single coconut shell...for say 5 bucks, they usually charge a flat 7+ bucks for shipping! that's why I decided to make my own! If you realy cant find a place and like the looks of mine that Iv posted pics of, I could totally make you a really nice one for cheap :)