What's new

Covid vaccine and kava

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Anyone had their vaccine and imbibed in kava afterwards - either for no reason or to alleviate any side effects?
Getting my first vaccination today. I hate shots and have a couple of medication allergies so kinda going in with trepidation!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Anyone had their vaccine and imbibed in kava afterwards - either for no reason or to alleviate any side effects?
Getting my first vaccination today. I hate shots and have a couple of medication allergies so kinda going in with trepidation!
I know @TJrriffic has had his covid vaccine and been totally fine. He's been joining us on our kava zoom calls regularly.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
I'm not a doctor so please don't take this as medical advice, but... there shouldn't be anything in kava that interferes with vaccines. If a shell or three of kava takes the anxiety off getting a shot, I say go for it. (y)

On the other hand, the first generation of covid vaccines don't protect you against every strain. It's a virus that mutates often, so I suspect we'll see seasonally or annually updated vaccines sort of like annual flu shots. Even if you're vaccinated, please continue to wash your hands, wash the things you bring into your home, and wear a mask around other people outside your "bubble".