What's new

Covid19 Sucks!

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I am glad to hear you are doing better and there is light at the end of the tunnel. I still have lingering symptoms, like the cough. I am due for a rapid test tomorrow so fingers crossed, but well otherwise. Also happy to see a vaccine around the corner, for all of our sakes.
Didnt know yours was that bad... Glad you pulled through. The finger prick (if it’s the rapid antigen test) may still show positive even if the virus is gone. If it is positive, I would follow up with the PCR test. The one they jab up your nose and ram all the way down to your spleen :)

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
nah you’re cool, I understood the purpose of your post! I will be sure to look into these!

Bula!
Oh I forgot one thing- Zane Hellas is the oregano oil we use, from Greece. Just check ebay or amazon.

It must be diluted 50/50 minimum with olive oil for internal use. I go for about 60% oilve oil, I buy the 100% undiluted oregano oil, mix up my own. It's just cheaper that way. Once you have a spare bottle, this is easy as pie. But to begin with, they also sell ready diluted bottles at various ratios.

60/40 is the best IMO. Good luck on your continued recovery.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Didnt know yours was that bad... Glad you pulled through. The finger prick (if it’s the rapid antigen test) may still show positive even if the virus is gone. If it is positive, I would follow up with the PCR test. The one they jab up your nose and ram all the way down to your spleen :)
It's up the nose but not as far, as if you were cleaning your nose with a Q Tip.

I hate that other one, did it 4 times :meh:

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
You guys were so graciou, I just wanted to give an update here.

As y’all can tell, I made it through. Unfortunately I am one of the long haulers. I did end up at the emergency room twice and I now have to see a pulmonologists. I am on a few breathing meds; however, this post isn’t bad news...

I am getting better and my lungs are getting stronger, and after about a month in a half, I was back at work full time.

My pulmonologist (after a battery of test) said it appears that my lungs should make a full recovery. The time frame will be “a few months”, so first qtr of the year. My other long haul symptoms have receded (for the most part). I may have some minor scarring in my lower right lobe, but my air volume and O2 saturation are back to normal.

So all this to say thanks for letting me drop in and venting.

@SelfBiasResistor I hope your are seeing the light at the end of this dark tunnel as well.
Great to hear, @avahZ ! Scary, scary stuff. Wishing you a full recovery and plenty of good times with your family!

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Ah, dude. No good. So sorry you're going through that. Think positively. That's what you can control. Hope you're on the mend soon.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
You guys were so graciou, I just wanted to give an update here.

As y’all can tell, I made it through. Unfortunately I am one of the long haulers. I did end up at the emergency room twice and I now have to see a pulmonologists. I am on a few breathing meds; however, this post isn’t bad news...

I am getting better and my lungs are getting stronger, and after about a month in a half, I was back at work full time.

My pulmonologist (after a battery of test) said it appears that my lungs should make a full recovery. The time frame will be “a few months”, so first qtr of the year. My other long haul symptoms have receded (for the most part). I may have some minor scarring in my lower right lobe, but my air volume and O2 saturation are back to normal.

So all this to say thanks for letting me drop in and venting.

@SelfBiasResistor I hope your are seeing the light at the end of this dark tunnel as well.
Glad to hear you are on the mend, even if it is slowly. It has hit a few folks I know pretty hard, but so far luckily they have all pulled through. I am surprised I have not gotten it honestly. With kids in school I figured it was near inevitable but so far schools (with all of their restrictions) have not been a significant source of spread. Good luck and keep us updated on your long term recovery. Have you still been drinking kava?

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
That's a point. During my own covid infection, I drank my rull regular intake of kava everyday, no issues.

In fact, it was the best flu-like remedy I ever used, vanquishing aches and pains, fteeing up relaxing muscles, improving mobility, and especially promoting a strong positive outlook and motivation.

Was my own experience anyway that's all. I would like to argue kava may even be systemically and locally protective in such cases.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Well it finally got me. I go to the grocery store once or so x per week. All work from home i was absolutely in shock when symptoms arised considering i handnt seen anyone in over a month. This virus is kicking my ass hoping for some shells soon
Hope you feel better, I just did a rapid test today and negative, so that's a relief. Once was enough.

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
Hope you feel better, I just did a rapid test today and negative, so that's a relief. Once was enough.
I appreciate you reaching out. Going to take it a day at a time. Glad your second test was negative. Hoping for some normalcy before too long for all of us.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I appreciate you reaching out. Going to take it a day at a time. Glad your second test was negative. Hoping for some normalcy before too long for all of us.
Just don't panic. Positive mindset. Honestly viruses feed off of stress- cortisol basically, and fear and emotional upset. Just relax, trust that all will be well, because simply by having that mindset your immune system automatically has a significant advantage- and vice versa.

I preach- it doesn't mean I practice! ;)

Get well man, rest up, think only positive thoughts, and def check out that Zane Hellas Otegano oil.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Well it finally got me. I go to the grocery store once or so x per week. All work from home i was absolutely in shock when symptoms arised considering i handnt seen anyone in over a month. This virus is kicking my ass hoping for some shells soon
Supplement your vitamin D and zinc. Stay hydrated, and take ivermectin, even the veterinary horse paste kind. (Disclaimer, I'm not a doctor.)

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Excellent, really pleases me to hear that from you.

Interestingly earlier today it was revealed to me that in the UK this year, the total death toll is below annual average, despite the fact that many many people have died directly, indirectly, from the "essential" lockdown measures, and we are deling with the Plague at the same time.

Yet we have a lower death total than normal? One has to wonder you know. I'm not denying the existence of Corona or severity for some. But there is a LOT going on here, which hopefully will become clearer in near time fingers crossed.

Last edited:

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Drop some sources son
The Covid 19 Serious Discussion channel here (https://app.element.io/#/group/+wuhan_flu:matrix.org) might have some people who can cite primary sources and give you a least half a dozen viewpoints. It's a diverse group of people who moved to Element after getting kicked off Discord, after getting kicked off Reddit. Some are liberal, some are conservative. Some think the virus is a dire threat to humanity, and some think it's overblown. The thing that ties them all together is that they're anti-censorship, anti-echo-chamber, and willing to look beyond their personal biases to have constructive discussions.