What's new

Creativity/Equanimity

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
One of the main benefits from kava for me, on good days, is a sense of equanimity. This means kava works very well for some creative practices, like writing where I am able to generate words with an annihilated inner critic, and ruthlessly edit without attachment (cultivar/quantity dependent, of course). Not so well for others, (like painting, where I stand in front of a canvas and all possible choices seem equally good. Not much gets done painting after kava).

Curious about other creatives' experience? What is your practice and how does kava affect your process/product?

blessings

Mixnpickngrinnin

Kava Curious
I like writing music while i drink kava. I play music a lot and am in a few bands but I had been on a long songwriting hiatus until the past year when I started regularly drinking kava. I definitely hear you on how it silences the inner critic. WHen it hits right and the environment is spot on, I definitely feel increased intimacy with my instrument and like I WANT to create.

F

freakson

One of the main benefits from kava for me, on good days, is a sense of equanimity. This means kava works very well for some creative practices, like writing where I am able to generate words with an annihilated inner critic, and ruthlessly edit without attachment (cultivar/quantity dependent, of course). Not so well for others, (like painting, where I stand in front of a canvas and all possible choices seem equally good. Not much gets done painting after kava).

Curious about other creatives' experience? What is your practice and how does kava affect your process/product?

blessings
For some people, kava might not be as conducive to certain creative practices, as it can induce a more relaxed or unfocused state that isn't ideal for activities requiring intense concentration or decision-making, such as painting. Ultimately, the impact of kava on creativity can vary widely from person to person, and it's important to pay attention to your own responses and adjust your usage accordingly to enhance your creative process and productivity.