What's new

Curious... How do you drink your Kava?

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
What I mean is how often do you drink your Kava? & How much of it do you consume when you do drink Kava?

When I'm drinking Kava it will be at least a gallon (most likely 3oz of Kava per gallon - medium grind) & it would have to be right before bed.
Not sure why but I'm not able to drink Kava in small portions through out the day. Once I start drinking Kava its going to be to the point where I'm going straight to bed afterwards.

Now I don't have a set Kava schedule.. Sometimes I will only drink 1-2 days out of the week, other times I'll drink 3-4 days out of the week but the amount will most likely be the same.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Not sure why but I'm not able to drink Kava in small portions through out the day. Once I start drinking Kava its going to be to the point where I'm going straight to bed afterwards.
Are you me?

For real this is exactly my process.

40 grams brewed up into about 12oz of the thickest kava paint. Down that and it's all I can do to make it to the bed.

I drink kava 7 days per week :)

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
Are you me?

For real this is exactly my process.

40 grams brewed up into about 12oz of the thickest kava paint. Down that and it's all I can do to make it to the bed.

I drink kava 7 days per week :)

You've got me beat with the 7days per week!
I wish I had the time to drink Kava 7days a week but my 6month old baby won't let me LOL
Good stuff JP! Its the only way I know how to drink Kava & it looks like its the same way for you ;)

Last edited:

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
I drink kava all day every day from as soon as I wake to when I go to bed. I often have a shell by the bed and wake up in the middle of the night and chug one. I consime 8 - 12 TBS of medium ground kava per day, going through a pound in about 9 days. I sip it throughout the day, rarely ever getting krunk.
8-12 TBS of Kava per day seems like a good amount to get a good buzz... but I guess not if your not taking em back to back.
I've tried to drink Kava through out the day but I guess im just not used to it

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
I used to drink around 10 TBS throughout the day, spaced out. But due to various issues I've cut back to around 3 TBS in a single session for the day. I pretty much always use an aluball, unless I'm brewing up the occasional batch of frozen makas.

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
I used to drink around 10 TBS throughout the day, spaced out. But due to various issues I've cut back to around 3 TBS in a single session for the day. I pretty much always use an aluball, unless I'm brewing up the occasional batch of frozen makas.
I have the aluball but I only use the bottle & cup. I wish it could make about 20 shells at a time lol

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
6-7 days per week, starting about 4.30pm. I do 2 batches, first one about 80g to 1.5 liters and second one 40g to 750ml. Then, like you, its pretty much straight to bed.
Nice! is it just me or does that sound like some pretty thick Kava your brewing up??
Maybe its just me because I like my Kava more watered down

Good stuff!

faldho

Kava Curious
I've noticed a lot of people here drink quite a lot per session. I personally only have one shell (3tbsp) at 4pm or later, and maybe a second wash. If i drink too much I can't really focus and just go to bed.

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
I've noticed a lot of people here drink quite a lot per session. I personally only have one shell (3tbsp) at 4pm or later, and maybe a second wash. If i drink too much I can't really focus and just go to bed.

How well does that one shell work for you?

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
pretty well, after it wears off I still feel relaxed for the rest of the day which is why I usually don't feel the need to make another batch.
Nice! Makes sense. Im going to try making a strong shell after work tomorrow and see how well it sits

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
COLD and FAST!. ::chugger::

When I drink, I have one pint prepped with 40-50 grams (I don't really measure) X 2 washes about an hour apart, usually right before a meal. I haven't had kava in a few weeks.
Pretty strong shells! I can dig it!
Its rare I can drink before a meal but its somehow always satisfying lol

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Pretty strong shells! I can dig it!
Its rare I can drink before a meal but its somehow always satisfying lol
I used to spend several hours enjoying the buzz but a lot of it lead to over consumption, which lead to other problems, so I am finding it better to drink a couple hours before a meal (Lunch or dinner). The food will settle the stomach and signal my stupid brain that kava is over for now. ;)