What's new

Current Mahakea and Fiji

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I havent had GHK fiji in years and its been several months sincde I had mahakea. Has anyone tried either recently and how are they? is the mahakea leaning heady again or is it a little heavier? it tends to go back and forth by the batch.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
So far I have only tried the Mahakea. I really love it. I made a big bowl of it because I usually like to drink a lot of Kava. The flavor is so creamy, smooth, and mildly peppery. It’s a delicious Kava. After I had my first shell I waited 10 or 15 minutes and was blown away by how much the first shell hit me. The Mahakea is very strong and pleasant. I drank the remainder of the Kava while working on some things I’ve been writing, and it put me in a calm and creative mood. This is one of the best Kavas available, and I’m going to have to order a few more pounds soon.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I havent had GHK fiji in years and its been several months sincde I had mahakea. Has anyone tried either recently and how are they? is the mahakea leaning heady again or is it a little heavier? it tends to go back and forth by the batch.
Hmmm, been a while since I had the Mahakea. Sounds like it is time to put it in rotation again. Honestly I never quite got the appeal of ordering the fiji from GHK. I mean why order non-hawaiian from one of the only direct sources of hawaiian kava? I wonder how much he sells.

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
It has a bit of that peppery "kava spice" in it which is usually characteristic to Fijian strains. But it's not so bitter, it has the typical mildness of a Hawai'ian 'awa.

Last edited:

ThePiper

Kava Lover
For what it's worth the Fiji I ordered at the time of the original post was a blast. If I could get more of any kava I have had so far in 2020 it would be the fijian.it was very blissful and had a heady euphoria without jitters. It seemed to have a built in moodlift and emotional soothing that went further than all my other kavas (I organized my collection yesterday and I have over 15 types lol) while some other great kavas can make me feel melancholy and introspective at times, this one was quite the opposite. It put me on vacation. ::tipshat::

It was also a smooth drinker with a dark color and licorice notes. None of the funkiness you see with some Waka and not too peppery. I really hope Chris gets it again soon and that it's similar. ::happyshell::