What's new

Daayummm this borogu micro is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User01

And it's from Hawaii which means it should be fresher and grown with more care. I like kava grown in Hawaii because there is less chance of it being mishandled.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Kalm with Kava borogu is grown in Hawaii? Dang I shoulda got some with my Vula order during the sale.

Edit: doesn't seem to be from Hawaii.. are you thinking of ghk ? Even the stuff he has in the shop is imported. I know he was growing some but that's not in the shop as far as I know

D

Deleted User01

Kalm with Kava borogu is grown in Hawaii? Dang I shoulda got some with my Vula order during the sale
I think that is what he posted the other day. He bought it from a farm in Hawaii. Maybe that's going to become another big cash crop for Hawaii. If I'm wrong, Mike can correct me.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I'm interested to hear as well. I would find it a bit odd that the labels on the site pics say Vanuatu Kava root and the description says straight from Vanuatu and mentions Port Vila

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
I don't care where it's fine, the stuff is divine. It's so nicely balanced but much mire uplifting than boroguru which just turns me into Slurms.

KavaSmurf

Kava Curious
I don't care where it's fine, the stuff is divine. It's so nicely balanced but much mire uplifting than boroguru which just turns me into Slurms.
Question: How much did you take? I did a smaller (level) two teaspoons on day 1 and felt nothing (empty stomach, after a workout, etc.) and a heaping spoonfull, probably 3 teaspoons, 3.5 teaspoons last night, same conditions, and my mood hit the crapper, miserable, itchy-twitchy in my skin, irritable-- even my husband noticed what a crummy mood I was in. Trouble getting to sleep, etc. Would this be a dosing issue?

NOTE: For those reading this, please don't think this is an issue with KWK or this product-- I am trying to figure out whether I am a kava reactor at all, or if perhaps I just have a negative reaction to it overall. This kind of reaction is not unique for me to this product or brand.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Are you still going through reverse tolerance? I dunno i just generally take a teaspoon drink and dont stop until i am where I want to be, maybe this type just doesn't agree with you?

KavaSmurf

Kava Curious
It's been three months of trying it 3-4 times a week. For the first month, I tried 5 or so nights a week until I just couldn't tolerate the taste or smell anymore. I'd think I'd be through that by now. Now I'm trying my way through most of the non-traditional preps... I just barfed up a dose of this I mixed up thinking maybe I was over the aversion to the taste. Guess not.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
what are you mixing it with? I mean the taste has never bothered me, after drinking a lot of whiskey and scotch straight kava is a joke.Have you tried taking it sublingually?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
for me the key to being able to tolerate the horrible taste of kava is the kind and quality of the liquid. I used to dread the drinking part but now do not, and 90 -95% of the unpleasantness is gone for me.

For each shell I use precisely 3/4 cup of liquid (or 200ml if you prefer metric) and exactly half of that is cold water and half is cold coconut milk. The liquid is the same regardless of whether it is a 1, 2, 3 or 4 (maximum) tablespoons of grind being added. If I need to use more than 4 TBS, e.g. making enough grog for me and my wife, I simply double everything. I put the liquid in my blender first, then the powder, then the top, I always try to remember that. Then grind with 5 short one second bursts, then a long 10 - 20 second grind, then another 5 short one second bursts. Then I let it sit for 10 minutes. If I'm in a rush 5 is fine but for me 10 is best. However, I have found there is no benefit whatsoever to letting it sit longer than 10 minutes. It won't hurt it at all, you can let it sit for half an hour or even an hour, it doesn't matter, but it doesn't get any better at all after 10 minutes. Anyway, I then put it through a strainer, stirring gently till all there is left in the strainer is the mostly dry makas. I then drink the grog in one go (bula!) and chase with a slice of fresh juicy pineapple.

Since I hit on this I have experienced no gagging, no nausea, the unpleasant flavour is almost completely masked (heck, the Dua Na Bilo done this way tastes almost nice, like a coconutty spicy chocolate milkshake almost). It used to be before I found this technique when I drank grog my body would anticipate with horror the experience of drinking, even feeling slight stomach cramps that felt like I had just drunk some even before I had any! That took a few weeks to go away but eventually it did. And now I have no negatives from the drinking part, much to my relief.

The real key was drinking neither too much nor too little liquid, and having just the right amount of coconut milk to mask the flavour and give the grog the right body.

Needless to say, ymmv, most of us are different (although my wife quickly came to adopt my technique here as the best for her, too), so it might not work for others, but I think it is worth a try, since it worked so well for us.

Last edited:

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
Question: How much did you take? I did a smaller (level) two teaspoons on day 1 and felt nothing (empty stomach, after a workout, etc.) and a heaping spoonfull, probably 3 teaspoons, 3.5 teaspoons last night, same conditions, and my mood hit the crapper, miserable, itchy-twitchy in my skin, irritable-- even my husband noticed what a crummy mood I was in. Trouble getting to sleep, etc. Would this be a dosing issue?

NOTE: For those reading this, please don't think this is an issue with KWK or this product-- I am trying to figure out whether I am a kava reactor at all, or if perhaps I just have a negative reaction to it overall. This kind of reaction is not unique for me to this product or brand.
I recall this Kava also giving me a meh feeling. I can't recall for certain as I don't think I was even properly through reverse tolerance then. Should try it again some time.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
One of the most pleasant kavas I have ever had. Going to be a staple for sure.
You should try the KWK medium grind. It's definitely one of my stay-up-late kava's. BKH's is very similar in effects, both very good. It's very energizing yet ends with a relaxing tiredness. Dose is key, though, because a lot of it can put you on another planet (suggested for the weekend with no work day to follow). ::urock2::

Status
Not open for further replies.