What's new

Daily kava tolerance?

krunkgod

Kava Enthusiast
I'm not really a believer in reverse tolerance, but I notice the opposite. When I use kava days in a row it starts to become weaker and weaker until I take a day or two off then I'm right back to normal.

anyone else experience this?

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Not really. Sometimes one cultivar just gets a bit boring, which is why I always have a small selection of cultivars. when I get bored of one, I switch to another one :)

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Not really. Sometimes one cultivar just gets a bit boring, which is why I always have a small selection of cultivars. when I get bored of one, I switch to another one :)
I think there is surely for some, a psychological aspect of being so used to it. A short break of just a day or two can really refresh the all round enjoyment of the kava experience.

But I agree, a variety of cultivars is crucial.

Last edited:

Palmetto

Thank God!
Reverse tolerance may be a thing, but it's only for newbies. It doesn't have any relevance years later.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Reverse tolerance may be a thing, but it's only for newbies. It doesn't have any relevance years later.
One thing I definitely notice- when I have a heavier longer kava drinking day, like 50 grams root, plus maybe 5 to 10 grams instant- the next day, much less whoops my arse.

So I think, not actually in direct relation to reverse tolerance, either as a newbie or a returner....but tolerance in general. For me it seems to quickly stabilise and regulate itself at a certain, fairly constant level.

So many other natural and synthetic compounds do not exhibit this same characteristic as Kava here.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
One thing I definitely notice- when I have a heavier longer kava drinking day, like 50 grams root, plus maybe 5 to 10 grams instant- the next day, much less whoops my arse.

So I think, not actually in direct relation to reverse tolerance, either as a newbie or a returner....but tolerance in general. For me it seems to quickly stabilise and regulate itself at a certain, fairly constant level.

So many other natural and synthetic compounds do not exhibit this same characteristic as Kava here.
I think I have seen evidence that the half-life on many kavalactones can be upwards of 9 hours and some isolated ones could be longer. So I have no doubt that the "after glow" or anxiety "shield effect" is those KL floating around your system longer than what you directly feel.