What's new

Kava Blend Review Damu Kava Fiji Damu Fiji Kava Special Variety Kava – Samoa Ava

RevRad

Kava Curious
Gonna try to keep this shorter than my last review so I don't get distracted and enjoy the krunk more. The time stamps are very rough, better to use it as a step-by-step timeline review rather than specific to the minute.

First thing to note is oddly enough this didn't make my mouth numb so I was expecting it to be weak, but a few minutes after drinking the first cup or so (1/4 of the quart jar very roughly) my throat became super numb. Interesting. Taste is VERY mild as described on the site. This is the first kava where I ever didn't bother holding my breath before/after drinking. It's still not good by any means, in my opinion, but for kava it's the mildest I've had.

Starts out clear headed and not at all sedative. I'd say 80% head 20% body.

15 minutes in or so, got hit with the kava drunk really hard. Leaning towards very heady as the description on the site says. But of course being kava it's going to sedate you some, no matter how "heady" it is. I've drank 1/3 of the quart jar at this point.

25 minutes in and I've had about 2/3 of the jar, feeling a little more sedated now and pretty kava drunk. A little more heavy but again, that's kava for you, it's always a sedative in some capacity, especially the more you use. More euphoria than that Loa Waka I had last night.

45 minutes in and my head is way clearer than usual on kava but feeling more sedation now.

1 hour in and the effects are pretty plateaued, finished 3/4 of the jar and I think that's it for tonight, I'll leave the rest for another day. Sedative effect is hitting much harder as usual with kava, but this is also the time of day I tend to get tired and take a nap anyway.