What's new

Day four since trying borongu

Status
Not open for further replies.

keandobus

So today is day four of sampling borongu kava from KWK. As I mentioned it was cost effective as I haven't used it for years, and wanted to sample - but in case it didn't work well, I was not out 30+ dollars. And the reviews were good.

I must say that day one was amazing, was feeling it nicely after about six shells. Empty stomach, traditional prep. Day two I had to up the amount of kava to liquid, worked OK but not as good. Empty stomach, traditional prep. Day three I did the same, but had a little food left after eating earlier, so not as strong effects. Used a blender this time. Today, another repeat after work, completely empty stomach. Used blender again. Works great today.

It works best on an empty stomach as expected. Slight nausea here and there but snacking helps with that, and honestly it was not a big deal, probably more famished than anything.

I know there are more potent weekend nobles, and tudei or isa as well floating out there as extra potent weekend killer grade. But I wish to stick to noble varieties at this time. I want to try the Loa Waka next. I use at night, so I personally like it strong as it helps me relax and sleep. I did run into trouble sleeping on day two, however. Interesting...hopefully just feeling too good to sleep.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
So today is day four of sampling borongu kava from KWK. As I mentioned it was cost effective as I haven't used it for years, and wanted to sample - but in case it didn't work well, I was not out 30+ dollars. And the reviews were good.

I must say that day one was amazing, was feeling it nicely after about six shells. Empty stomach, traditional prep. Day two I had to up the amount of kava to liquid, worked OK but not as good. Empty stomach, traditional prep. Day three I did the same, but had a little food left after eating earlier, so not as strong effects. Used a blender this time. Today, another repeat after work, completely empty stomach. Used blender again. Works great today.

It works best on an empty stomach as expected. Slight nausea here and there but snacking helps with that, and honestly it was not a big deal, probably more famished than anything.

I know there are more potent weekend nobles, and tudei or isa as well floating out there as extra potent weekend killer grade. But I wish to stick to noble varieties at this time. I want to try the Loa Waka next. I use at night, so I personally like it strong as it helps me relax and sleep. I did run into trouble sleeping on day two, however. Interesting...hopefully just feeling too good to sleep.
Borongoru is what I'm drinking too. The flavor is almost...on some days...agreeable even. It puts me out pretty much most nights. I always laugh when thinking about the effects and how unpredictable they can be. It can staple you to the couch one night, and the next you're left angrily wondering why it didn't work at all. I've had instances where I literally ate the exact same thing two days in a row (not proud) and made exactly the same kava with the same amount to the gram. Totally different effects. For me kava hits so much harder when I'm tired, so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm already inclined to relax.

Last edited:

keandobus

Agreed, it's decent tasting. I had the stone variety from NAH last time I did the regular roots many years ago, I remember that one being kinda disagreeable taste-wise. I don't remember the effects, however. I don't think I ever drank enough to get there. Would try it again though if the price ands effects were on point.

schatz

itchin for kava
I have been mixing 1 teasp of Stone with Borogu from KWK and it really seems to boost the effects. Hate to use Stone straight since I have to send a check now, hope they fix it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.