What's new

Kava Vaping/Smoking Review Deep Awa

Saoirse

Kava Curious
For those of you who have not read my story, I suffer from severe anxiety/depression! I've tried vaping several times over the past few years but always went back to smoking because of the "calming" effects cigarettes have..

Through this forum, I found Noble Clouds and although skeptic, it was exactly what I had been looking for each time I started vaping before.. Let me tell you, THIS WORKS!!!!! I decided to start with the Deep Awa because of the potency but was a bit concerned with the flavor profile.. I specifically got a pearberry/melon flavor e-liquid to mix with the kava... I will say, they worked perfectly together! I woke up in tears (worst episode I've had in a long time!) and instead of grabbing one of my leftover cigs, I grabbed the Kava... I tried it in my Freakshow Mini when I first received it but decided to put it in one of my extra tanks this time.. I mixed it about 50/50 with the pearberry/melon and vaped it for about 10 minutes... The more I vaped, the more I could feel myself relaxing and my moods getting back to normal... I did "hit it" a few more times throughout the day just to keep me balanced.. I will definitely be getting the Regal Ava next!!!

I have to note: When I first opened the bottle, I was surprised and a bit concerned! It is a thick yellow liquid with bits of root in it.. As I stated before, I tried it in my Freakshow Mini at first but was getting juice on my lips.. Granted, my lips and mouth got numb but it was not very relaxing.. The second time, I put it in my
Innokin iClear 30s Dual Coil Clearomizer on my iStick 50w... At 10w, it vapes VERY well!! It would have been much better if I was using an atty with better airflow but it wicked fine and didn't give me a burnt taste! I did accidentally take my other atty off, which I vape at 22w and FORGOT to change the setting... BURNT KAVA TASTES HORRIBLE!!!!!!! LOL

The only thing I would change is have Noble Clouds offer different flavor profiles..

Saoirse )O(

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted User01

@Saoirse, great review. I'm not a fan of vaping or smoking anything 'cause I'm older and people are dying all around me from tobacco but that was a damn good review.

Saoirse

Kava Curious
Thank you @Deleted User01 ... I've been smoking cigarettes for 31 years (I'm only 40 so do the math!) and nicotine itself is similar to caffeine in the fact that it is addictive but not harmful... The carcinogens in cigs are what kill us so vaping is definitely a great option... I've gotten all the way down to 3mg of nicotine and eventually will just vape the flavors with no nic... The beta carbaline is what I was really needing, which is why my issues flair up much worse when I quit smoking..

Saoirse )O(

D

Deleted User01

From what I hear, Vaping may be a good way to get away from cigarettes and perhaps a Gateway to a Smoke Free life. Ha, I did the math. I was trying to remember the first time me and my buddies went down to the creek to smoke cigars and cigaretes. We were also young and we choked on every one of those things. I was a lite smoker up to about 30 and then just quit. As long as I wasn't around smokers, I didn't crave it. I thank the good lord for that. Now alcohol is another thing ..... Anyway, Kava is a good substitute for things that relax us.

Naijomii

Kava Curious
I have not had a cigarette in 7 years now since I started vaping and am at zero nic. I don't even use it every day any more but sometimes I grab it more as a security blanket/habit if I know I'll be in a stressful situation so I don't go back to smoking like I've seen so many do even after quitting 20 years ago. I make my own e-juice usually so I know what is in it but I will say the ones from noble clouds are nice. ((And yes I started young like you did too with that nasty habit))

D

Deleted User01

How timely that the local newspaper just printed an article about vaping today. So they don't want kids to Vape because nicotine is addictive. But everybody agrees that vaping is way better than smoking. And so I wonder if nicotine is more addictive than caffeine or the same? I'm up to 4 cups of coffee in the morning and I really, really enjoy my morning coffee. I don't do any during the day. Of course, after a kava session the night before, the coffee is perfect. I know we are getting off topic so I will reel us back in with this thought. Kava can be just like caffeine except the effects are different. It is not addictive but you don't want to do without it.

Saoirse

Kava Curious
From what I hear, Vaping may be a good way to get away from cigarettes and perhaps a Gateway to a Smoke Free life. Ha, I did the math. I was trying to remember the first time me and my buddies went down to the creek to smoke cigars and cigaretes. We were also young and we choked on every one of those things. I was a lite smoker up to about 30 and then just quit. As long as I wasn't around smokers, I didn't crave it. I thank the good lord for that. Now alcohol is another thing ..... Anyway, Kava is a good substitute for things that relax us.
While I will not say that it's a "cessation tool", it definitely has helps thousands of people quit "stinkies"... I have smoked 1 - 1.5 pack a day of menthols depending on how stressful things were... I couldn't stand the expensive Newports and Marlboro... I prefered the cheap $3 cigs because the menthol was really strong... Now, my Churro, Strawberries and Cream and Coconut Custard tastes WAY better than those menthols ever did! I don't even crave the menthol anymore..

I have not had a cigarette in 7 years now since I started vaping and am at zero nic. I don't even use it every day any more but sometimes I grab it more as a security blanket/habit if I know I'll be in a stressful situation so I don't go back to smoking like I've seen so many do even after quitting 20 years ago. I make my own e-juice usually so I know what is in it but I will say the ones from noble clouds are nice. ((And yes I started young like you did too with that nasty habit))
That's awesome!! I also prefer to mix my own and the next order we put in will include a 250ml bottle of unflavored 70/30 VG/PG 36mg nic... Heck, even with the flavors I have now, I still mix them... LOL

How timely that the local newspaper just printed an article about vaping today. So they don't want kids to Vape because nicotine is addictive. But everybody agrees that vaping is way better than smoking. And so I wonder if nicotine is more addictive than caffeine or the same? I'm up to 4 cups of coffee in the morning and I really, really enjoy my morning coffee. I don't do any during the day. Of course, after a kava session the night before, the coffee is perfect. I know we are getting off topic so I will reel us back in with this thought. Kava can be just like caffeine except the effects are different. It is not addictive but you don't want to do without it.
Nicotine is in the same "class" as caffeine and is no more addictive... Again, it's the 3000+ carcinogens that are harmful and things like Beta-Carboline is naturally in tobacco that become more addictive... Beta-Carboline is a "mood enhancer" and the reason smokers will go for a cigarette when stressed, upset, etc.. When I first switched to vaping, I went through MAJOR episodes of anxiety/depression and didn't understand why... I was digging my finger and toe nails into anything I touched (surprised I still have a steering wheel!) and thinking thoughts I would NEVER think.. Breathing made me cry! We lost our 13yr old golden retriever and that was the final straw.. After 8 months without, I went to the store for a pack of cigs! After a few cigs, I will still upset but my mood was "different" and I was able to deal with things a lot better than I had in months... I immediately started doing research and after a lot of reading, I found out that when nic juice is created, the process does not pull the beta-carbolines out with the nic... I started looking for natural "mood enhancers", knowing that St John's Wart has never worked on me for whatever reason... I needed something better and that's when I found Kava... At the time, the ONLY information I could find was from health food stores, which we all know that their information is based on goobermint "studies" and it didn't not paint a pretty picture... The bottle said take 1-2 capsules 3x/day but the information says it could cause liver damage so it took me 2 years to go through a 60 count bottle... I was too terrified to take it more often so I only took it when I had completely lost control of my mental state... Thankfully this time around, I found this wonderful site, yall's wealth of information and so many more options than were available 5 years ago!

As for "kids vaping", I have my own thoughts.. I remember when I was a kid.. I remember my thought patterns and how I "felt" I knew what I was doing... I don't regret any of the decisions, no matter how stupid they were even at 10-12 yrs old... It didn't matter what my parents said, if I really wanted to do something, I did it... Kids these days are no different... I am the mother of a 16 yr old and while I do not want him smoking or vaping, I would MUCH rather him pick up an e-cig than a cigarette! They do have juices that do not contain nicotine...

Saoirse )O(

D

Deleted User01

Thanks for your excellent post. I just learned a few things about the addictive chemicals that I never knew. Sorry about your dog. When our single friends or relatives lose a dog, it is definitely like a death in the family. We have to console them in the same way. Luckily, they can get one that looks identical to their past pet and things get better in a hurry.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Nicotine is in the same "class" as caffeine and is no more addictive...
I believe nicotine is considered the most addictive substance by volume on earth. Above opiates.

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/03/29/magazine/nicotine-harder-to-kickthan-heroin.html
http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_Henningfield_Benowitz.html

Again, it's the 3000+ carcinogens that are harmful and things like Beta-Carboline is naturally in tobacco that become more addictive... Beta-Carboline is a "mood enhancer" and the reason smokers will go for a cigarette when stressed, upset, etc..
Several e-liquid vendors sell WTA juice, or Whole Tobacco Alkaloid. The full spectrum, not just the nicotine. It gives you the MAOI antidepressant as well as everything else in the leaf. Personally, I didn't notice a difference, but I think others have. Anything that cuts down on combustion is a win. Ash and tar and carbon globules oh my.
I needed something better and that's when I found Kava...
So glad you found kava, and found us!

YourOlePalAl

Kava Curious
Nicotine alone isn't really that addictive. If someone switches to a vape and stays with it, the cravings are nowhere near what they are with tobacco. Also, if someone starts and stays with a vape, the cravings are nearly nonexistent.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Nicotine alone isn't really that addictive. If someone switches to a cape and stays with it, the cravings are nowhere near what they are with tobacco. Also, if someone starts and stays with a vape, the cravings are nearly nonexistent.
This is not consistent with my own experience with the patch (used to quit smoking). I was "on the patch" for several years. If I tried to stop it suddenly, I certainly felt cravings. It was a long process to get completely nicotine-free.

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
I see people dying all around me who never committed the "sin" of smoking in their lives (one of them has lung cancer too, hah)... Strange. I thought you lived forever if you don't smoke.

D

Deleted User01

All the ones I see with oxygen tanks or graves were all smokers. That's why I'm anti smoking. But hopefully vaping is not as bad. Besides, are you going to vape 2 packs a day? Probably not. I pray that vaping is safe and perhaps a gateway for getting rid of the cigarette addiction.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
It's insane that the tobacco companies got so into people's heads about e cigs being bad.
Every ingrediant in them is already in ciggaretes one way or another.
It's clear as day better for you than ciggaretes.
As long as you don't burn it your fine. And even then it's 100x safer than cigs.
People have smoked since probrably a thousand years after fire was tamed.

I think there's two discussions. One is that if you've never smoked then don't smoke anything.
If you have smoked. You've popped your cherry and anything other than commercial cigs is fine .

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I quit cold turkey but it just sucks to see people like my dad who has COPD and is still smoking and he tries the ecig and every conversation is oh theyre probrably just as bad and blah blah... to us thats whatever . To a smoker that'd just justification to not bother or keep smoking cause everyother option is "just as bad, if not worse" and it's clear as day tobacco companies funding these "studies" where they litterally put the ecigs up to full blast and burn them, test the smoke and say its carcinogenic. Lol. It's very sad to see.

I always have to take people back to their body.
Does the ecig make you feel shitty like cigs do? No.
Then don't believe the hype yo!

verticity

I'm interested in things
I quit cold turkey but it just sucks to see people like my dad who has COPD and is still smoking and he tries the ecig and every conversation is oh theyre probrably just as bad and blah blah... to us thats whatever . To a smoker that'd just justification to not bother or keep smoking cause everyother option is "just as bad, if not worse" and it's clear as day tobacco companies funding these "studies" where they litterally put the ecigs up to full blast and burn them, test the smoke and say its carcinogenic. Lol. It's very sad to see.

I always have to take people back to their body.
Does the ecig make you feel shitty like cigs do? No.
Then don't believe the hype yo!
I don't mean to denigrate vaping. But vaping is trendy these days; people seem to have forgotten about the patch. I just like to remind them it is still a good option.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
No I understand. I think it's a matter of whether the persons addiction is more leaning toward psychological vs physical. Patches are all physical . E cigs are a nice mix I think that's the attraction . I know my dad has tried the patch many a time