What's new

Dehydration

Jacob Bula

Nobody
It’s very interesting that the Dehydration part happens in both Kava and alcohol.
Its only because its a side effect of them both being diuretics.. Other well known diuretics include: coffee, tea, dandelion root tea, parsley, and certain types of cumin. I know that for me, and many others, after semi-abusing coffee for decades, I no longer experience the diuretic effects from coffee. Has anyone here noticed that kava dehydrates them less over time due to tolerance?

StevenF

Kava Enthusiast
Its only because its a side effect of them both being diuretics.. Other well known diuretics include: coffee, tea, dandelion root tea, parsley, and certain types of cumin. I know that for me, and many others, after semi-abusing coffee for decades, I no longer experience the diuretic effects from coffee. Has anyone here noticed that kava dehydrates them less over time due to tolerance?
Thanks for the info, that’s very interesting!

Jacob Bula

Nobody
False or overstatement, sry.
Salt in general is one of those things where having too little can cause dehydration, having the right amount makes your body happy, and having too much MAY cause high blood pressure in some people. It's one of those goldilocks molecules.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
False or overstatement, sry.
It's a no brainer, on paper alone, before it reaches the mouth.

Water and salt are natural, and the two most essential things for survival. Our natural bodies require and are built for, compatible, with natural salt.

Table salt is heated to 12000 degrees, stripped of all minerals, repackaged, with additives.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I rather not argue about Na+ Cl-. Let us aglee to disagree 100%.
Agreed, and with respect. Just sharing what I have learned over decades, not really meaning to argue, I just speak my mind, hope you are well and the coming New Year is a bright one for you.

For me at least, the capsules and extracts have been more likely to cause headaches. I'd recommend trying the AluBall or another brewing device, especially because you are kind of forcing yourself to drink a lot of water with those :)