What's new

Powdered Kava Review Deleted User's House of Hand-me-downs. - Gandalf's Grog #3

blindy107

Kava Lover
Upon receipt, opened and took a big whiff. Got the usual peppery bite with undertones of sweetness similar to the product from my local samoan shop. A deeper whiff found slight hint of peanut butter!

After it was soaked in warm water the stink became much worse. The stale sweetness pushed to the front and drowned out the other more pleasant smells. Real bummer.

Took a shell and gulped it saving the last bit to swish around. Pretty strong numbing effect but awful flavor. It did however, subside quickly. Unlike some of those lurkers you can't get rid of the aftertaste.

Mixed a glass with ice and roasted green tea. About halfway through that I felt the melt. Got a good bit of head pressure and the droopy state. Body became very relaxed. I wouldn't say euphoric at all but some mental sedation was present. Physically pretty potent for me. I feel like I'm moving slower than I should be.

No downside yet. Other than stank ass flavor.

More to come!

Last night little stomach twinge of pain. Not nausea, just discomfort. Lasted 45min or so. Went to bed and was out like trout. Didn't even move until alarm went off. I don't seem to be more sluggish than normal at this point.

All in all not too bad of a root experience. Have small amount of grog left. We will see how it works for daytime use.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted User01

Yeah, Peanut Butter, Green Tea, I think Vetka is the only other guy I know with senses that fine. Good review! I just wished my sense of smell and taste were that finely honed.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Yeah it was odd for sure. The sweetness I have noticed before, like I mentioned, in the root from my local Samoans. It has no label or markings and is probably not fit for consumption but it was cheap...

The nuttiness I have never noticed in scent. Occasionally in taste but not really pronounced at all. Interested to see what it is!

D

Deleted User01

I'm liking these Mystery Kava reviews. The reviewers have no preconceptions and the reviews are as honest as the day is long.